Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Very unhappy with Rough Country JK winch plate install

Old 01-12-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthRiver
Its too bad you had such issues. I installed the RC plate on Saturday and mine fit like a glove.

I went with the RC plate because the few aftermarket bumpers I like are all close to $1000. I don't mind the look of the factory bumpers and I think the RC plate looks good on the Jeep.

I will say the dudes at RC aren't real friendly over the phone. Its like pulling teeth to get more than a one word answer out of them.
I will tell ya one thing about the two. The Warn is well worth the extra couple bucks. The front rear support is BEEFY, RC doesn't even have one. Where RC uses one bolt, Warn used 3! Much happier with the Warn, now just wish someone would get this boat anchor off my garage floor.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by njjeepthing
Actually this is the second product from RC I've had an issue with, first was the Steering stabilizer, the brackets had stress cracks in them and the hardware was a joke that came with the kit. They replaced it all under warranty, but still highly disappointed.
x2 about the SS hardware, bracket & bolts broke off last year at Rausch Creek, couldn't get new ones under warranty I had to send some $$. Bought 4 RC shocks, 2 of them leaked after only 6 months, they replaced them under warranty, now the other 2 are leaking no more RC products for me.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:26 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Hey man,
Sorry about the issue. I know how aggravating it can be when you are ready to install something and it doesn't workout right.

I have bought this to the sales manager and product manager's attention. They are currently 100% inspecting the product to be sure they are on spec.

Also, the sales manager would like to speak with you and make sure that you get your issue resolved.

Please call him @ 800-222-7023 and ask for Davy
or PM me your phone number and I will have him call you.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:30 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by blackjkrubi
x2 about the SS hardware, bracket & bolts broke off last year at Rausch Creek, couldn't get new ones under warranty I had to send some $$. Bought 4 RC shocks, 2 of them leaked after only 6 months, they replaced them under warranty, now the other 2 are leaking no more RC products for me.
If your shocks are leaking, call in and we will send you a couple of new ones.

We did have a batch of 2.2 shocks that have failed prematurely. We found that there was a process during the manufacturing that was not being performed properly. This issue has been corrected and all 2.2 shocks that were in question were 100% inspected.

Last edited by rcjeep; 01-13-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Just to update this, it's been almost 3 months since I sent this thing back and still no credit has been applied to my CC. I've had to file a claim with my CC company, fill out a bunch of paperwork for them, provide receipts, tracking info and all communications with RC. What an experience this has been, RC will never see my hard earned jeep mod money again.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a rough country lift on my TJ (2.5) and I bea the hell out of it with not so much as an issue ever. My wifes Sahara came with a Rough Country lift on it and it rode really good, and had better Ground clearance than the Mopar lift my Rubi came with. I had such good luck with the other Rough Country products that I decided to get their double steering stabilizer. While the stabilizers themselves seem really nice, the brackets are quite flimsy and have no backing to them at all , so if you tighten them enough that they wont move or vibrate loose, then the brackets start to wrap themselves aroun the tie rod.

Quick Reply: Very unhappy with Rough Country JK winch plate install