Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Vector GGR (or option?)

Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vector GGR (or option?)

I want to install something to close my JKU's trunk area.

Despite the security, I'm not very fond of the Tuffy's cover because it can become on the way if I want to carry a large item.

I recently saw the Vector GGR platform and liked how it can prevent easy access to the trunk and be easily removed and put aside in case I want to carry a large item. However, their website says it does not work with a soft top. I can see that, since the photo shows it using the side brackets.

Are there any other solutions like that you are using? Preferably a tray that I can bolt in place, thus making access to the trunk difficult, but also being able to remove and stow at the bottom or vertically in case I want to carry some large item?

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump for question. Found the Rampage tray/rack. Anyone has it and how do you like it?

Any other kind of tray or rack?
Old 03-29-2012, 05:38 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick
I want to install something to close my JKU's trunk area.

Despite the security, I'm not very fond of the Tuffy's cover because it can become on the way if I want to carry a large item.

I recently saw the Vector GGR platform and liked how it can prevent easy access to the trunk and be easily removed and put aside in case I want to carry a large item. However, their website says it does not work with a soft top. I can see that, since the photo shows it using the side brackets.

Are there any other solutions like that you are using? Preferably a tray that I can bolt in place, thus making access to the trunk difficult, but also being able to remove and stow at the bottom or vertically in case I want to carry some large item?

Thanks!
I might be biased, but honestly, once the Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure is installed, the top and front panel can be removed in about 2-3 minutes to get back all the space there.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tuffy2

I might be biased, but honestly, once the Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure is installed, the top and front panel can be removed in about 2-3 minutes to get back all the space there.
That's good news! No bias at all. That's why I created this thread! :-)
The Tuffy deck photos I saw suggest it's a solid metal plate. Any photos of how it looks without the removable panels?

Quick Reply: Vector GGR (or option?)