Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Vacuum Pump Relocation Bracket w/sPOD & Big Brakes?

Old 07-31-2020, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum Pump Relocation Bracket w/sPOD & Big Brakes?

Looking for what vacuum pump relocation mount bracket kit works when there's a sPOD taking up the space on the DS between the windshield washer reservoir and the ABS module where most companies make their brackets - OR-Fab, MC, etc. I'm not a fan of the kits that just rotate the can 90-deg and move it back a few inches along the frame rail -Rock Hard, Bulldog. The Teraflex one seems like it would work but not sure if it would work with the "big brake kit" larger brake booster and master cylinder. Anyone cram it all in there? Thanks.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:11 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

I used the Evo one. It pushes it back and puts it directly below the sway bar. Not sure if that is included in the ones you don't like though. Is what it is.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, not a fan of keeping it between the frame rails and wanted to move it up into engine bay - although I've read it's noisy. I contacted Teraflex and they responded saying theirs should work fine with the bigger booster/master cylinder. So I'll roll the dice and get one and see if it does indeed fit. Thanks
Old 08-01-2020, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

It is noisy in the engine bay and drives me up the wall. I don’t see a better place for it though. Eventually I’ll wrap it with sound deadening and hopefully that calms down the noise.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a little noisy in the engine bay but I only really hear it kick on when I'm doing a three point turn or something that requires a lot of intermittent braking... like repositioning to park or something. Other than that, I never notice it.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 135 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by clownmidget
Looking for what vacuum pump relocation mount bracket kit works when there's a sPOD taking up the space on the DS between the windshield washer reservoir and the ABS module where most companies make their brackets - OR-Fab, MC, etc. I'm not a fan of the kits that just rotate the can 90-deg and move it back a few inches along the frame rail -Rock Hard, Bulldog. The Teraflex one seems like it would work but not sure if it would work with the "big brake kit" larger brake booster and master cylinder. Anyone cram it all in there? Thanks.
Yes! I'll even throw some extra in, I have an SPOD, dual ARB compressor and PSC big steering box all stuffed in together. I forget where I put that vac pump but I think I moved it somewhere in the area because the PSC BFH bumper didn't leave much room up front.

Steering box

Wait mid-post edit I went outside and I found it. It's on the Metalcloak SPOD bracket, it hangs underneath:

If you do the google for Metalcloak SPOD mount and vac relocation you'll find it, it's available. I'd link you but I can't keep everyone's rules straight on that stuff so better safe than sorry.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:43 AM
JK Newbie

I did see the MC sPOD mount but since I don't have a "real" sPOD - I've got the Apollointech - I was concerned it wouldn't work or fit would be wonky.

I went with the TeraFlex one and it fit fine with the swapped in "big" brake booster and master cylinder. Completely satisfied with it but the biggest issue is relocating the horn that sits back there. I imagine most people just toss it, but it took me as long if not longer to relocate that than install the relocated vacuum can. Noise not that bad either.

Quick Reply: Vacuum Pump Relocation Bracket w/sPOD & Big Brakes?