Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

V-Tec vs. Procomp

Old 01-25-2009, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Tec vs. Procomp

I'm ready to order my tires and rims. I had decided on the Procomp 7089s, but when I was looking at tires on Discount Tire Direct I found the V-Tec offroads. They look almost identical to the Procomps. I've searched, but I'm not finding a lot of input on V-Tec wheels. Price is about the same, but it would be nice to just order the whole set from 1 vendor instead of ordering from 2 vendors and then having to have them mounted and balanced.

Procomp 7089

V-Tec Off Road

So, any opinions on V-Tec vs. Procomp wheels?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2009, 07:39 AM
JK Super Freak

i personally like the procomps better, they do look really similar though you almost cant tell. I dont like the center cap on the v-tec mayb it would look better without it, i know what you are saying though itd be much easier to get everything from one company that can mount and balance them too then theyre ready to go on when you get em
Old 01-25-2009, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BBirish
i personally like the procomps better, they do look really similar though you almost cant tell. I dont like the center cap on the v-tec mayb it would look better without it, i know what you are saying though itd be much easier to get everything from one company that can mount and balance them too then theyre ready to go on when you get em
I agree, the center caps are the main thing that's holding me back from getting the V-Tecs.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ScottK
I agree, the center caps are the main thing that's holding me back from getting the V-Tecs.
if you like the procomps better, even though its going to be more work getting the rims/tires from 2 different places then having to get them mounted and balanced will be well worth it dont get the vtecs just because its easy you might regret it and wish you got the procomps

Quick Reply: V-Tec vs. Procomp