Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

User Reviews of LoD Armor Lite Bumpers - How Strong/Durable are They?

Old 04-13-2013, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default User Reviews of LoD Armor Lite Bumpers - How Strong/Durable are They?

I am considering getting a LoD Armor Lite bumper very soon and I am looking for real world experience with the product. Not asking about the looks – if I thought it was butt ugly I wouldn't consider it – or what a friend of a friend thinks. What I want to know is how strong/durable has it proven? They’ve been out there for the better part of the year and a lot of folks have bought them, so lets hear some real feedback. Do they stand up to the abuse like thicker heavier bumpers do?
Old 04-13-2013, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had mine for about 6 months and it has held up well. Powder coat is great, no scratches for mud pits or rubbing a couple of trees. Its 3/16" steel so its not thin by any means.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130409_153738.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	446618
Old 04-13-2013, 05:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine last July and it looks brand new (except for the mud ). Pulled several large vehicles with my winch and the bumper handled it no problem. I highly recommend the bumper. FYI... I bought my from Chris at JeepAdOns.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

^what he said, I haven't really tried to hit anything with it but the powder coat holds up well
Old 04-15-2013, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the responses! Anyone else with feedback?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:34 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by gsmoak
Thanks for the responses! Anyone else with feedback?
I don't have this bumper but all my LOD bumpers and rock rails 6 years old have held up threw all my abuse. Good stuff.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Started installing mine tonight. Got everything buttoned up, then went to put my grill panel back on.....ugh. It won't clear with the winch on. Gonna have to pull the skid plate and bumper back off to put the grill back on. Kinda irritating thinking I will have to pull it all again when I get my trucklites. Anyone else run into this issue? If I didn't have a winch it would be fine, but what's the point, lol. I may have to get spacers made, then maybe I'll have the clearance I need. But the powder coat is top notch.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah my winch hits the grill, I didn't take my grill off though. Couldn't you just take the skid off then unbolt the winch and take it off?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattbarton15
Yeah my winch hits the grill, I didn't take my grill off though. Couldn't you just take the skid off then unbolt the winch and take it off?
Yeah, that's one route. It is tight in there to get to the winch bolts though, it's really easier to just take off the bumper bolts(for me anyway). I'm thinking a spacer would help give me the clearance, that way I can still take the grill off when changing headlights and routing wiring when I get my RR panel and OTRATTW switches in (I have a 12" LED bar waiting to go on when that and my PS fair lead bracket show up). So what I'm saying is I plan on having to remove the grill a few more times, and I don't want to have to go through the fiasco to do it.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Great thread, trying to decide between the armor lite and the LOD mid-width bumper myself.

Quick Reply: User Reviews of LoD Armor Lite Bumpers - How Strong/Durable are They?