Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Used Banks "ram' air CAI and Superchips programer worth it?

Old 03-29-2012, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used Banks "ram' air CAI and Superchips programer worth it?

I have an 08 4 dr, automatic Sahara. Have been looking at quick power and economy boosts. Found a used Banks intake and Superchips power programer for a good price. Guy had them on a 07, just traded it in on a 12. I know the CAI will work, but will the Superchips? Can it be used on a second vehicle? Don't want to waste my money.
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the original vehicle is returned to stock settings with the Superchips you're golden. If not it is a brick. They are programmed to work with one vin at a time.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by onebadrc
If the original vehicle is returned to stock settings with the Superchips you're golden. If not it is a brick. They are programmed to work with one vin at a time.
or it's a $100 brick, since that's what Superchips charges to unlock one...
Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

He turned it back to stock before trading it in. $200 for both the Banks, and the Superchips looks to be a good deal, if it will work. He used several different tunings, and said it would work fine, just wanted someone that knows to back it up for me. I know nothing about these computers and junk.
Thanks.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's at least $500 worth of parts new! I'd jump on it if I were you. I run the Superchips and the Banks CAI myself and love the setup.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:58 PM
JK Newbie

yep got the same sane up also....don't pass it up!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by trapperjack
He turned it back to stock before trading it in. $200 for both the Banks, and the Superchips looks to be a good deal, if it will work. He used several different tunings, and said it would work fine, just wanted someone that knows to back it up for me. I know nothing about these computers and junk.
Thanks.
I bought one used and the guy forgot to set the tire pressure back to stock He was kind enough to refund $100(he promised me a working programmer) so I could have super chips unlock my programmer

Quick Reply: Used Banks "ram' air CAI and Superchips programer worth it?