Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Upper rear ADJUSTING TECH SUPPORT

Old 11-01-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper rear ADJUSTING TECH SUPPORT

I ve had my lift now for about a month but originally I installed the uppers with the angle on the pinion still not steep enough . TONIGHT doing a body lift on my Brothers s10 but am thinking of adjusting my upper rears to get the angle perfect. QUESTION IS....has anyone tried leaving the tires on to save some ime and i putting a ratched strap to pull the axle back the best way any quick tips from upper rear adjusting experts! I know what do do its just saving time.....thanks!

Last edited by Superman1023; 11-01-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

If someone does have a nice trick to save time to get the holes lines up let me know...PM ME ABOUT IT THANKS LOT
Old 11-01-2008, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read # 63 here:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
Old 11-01-2008, 10:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok all done the drive shaft angle at the pinion side is perfect meaning the shaft is coming perfectly centered out of the rearend output. looks good. man if they made a t-case lower kit for the jk it would totally fix the angle at the tcase end front and rear....or do they?
Old 11-02-2008, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used a floor jack from the side so it wouldnt slip off. Are your rear springs now bowed badly? In order to get the correct CV driveshaft angle I really had to turn the housing a lot. This caused quite a bend in the rear springs so I fabed a set of tapered spacers and welded them on top of the factory spring perches. I have moved the housing back a little as well so that also didn't help. Now everything looks and works great. I have a 2dr with a 3.5 Clayton lift so rear driveshaft angle is steeper than a 4dr.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

exactly......The springs are slightly bowed (curved) Im guessing it ok but Im snot sure how good that is for the springs. also I thought about putting new spring perches on but pita t grind off what do yours look like the adapter AND DOES ANYONE KNOW IF CURVED SPRINGS ARE SAFE?
Old 11-02-2008, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Superman1023
exactly......The springs are slightly bowed (curved) Im guessing it ok but Im snot sure how good that is for the springs. also I thought about putting new spring perches on but pita t grind off what do yours look like the adapter AND DOES ANYONE KNOW IF CURVED SPRINGS ARE SAFE?
If they aint, we are all hosed.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default pinion angle news

so my angle is "perfect" coming from rear axle to driveshaft. the t-case is still where the angle is but guess what I heard from my local 4x4 shop today. The main installer there (I do my own work) he says that you need to match the tcase angle to d/s with the pinon angle to d/s which is fine and dandy IF JKS TCASES WERE A BIT LOWER so what is he saying make the reaar angle NOT centerd just bc the tcase side isnt I would think that roating thepumpkin would save cv life on AT LEAST the pinion side. ANY BODY want to add some thoughts here?
Old 01-16-2009, 04:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Superman1023
any more opinions on this ?

Quick Reply: Upper rear ADJUSTING TECH SUPPORT