Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

upper door sliders?

Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRich

The OEM uppers use zippers. Never had a problem with them until I tried to put the window down during the coldest night of the winter. :( splittsville. :(
On my old YJ I broke both uppers zippers. Replaced them with 2" wide Velcro and never looked back
Old 05-13-2012, 08:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gotcha
Hey guys, a newbie here. I was close to ordering/buying a new Rubicon when I find out that there are no aftermarket upper doors with glass/plastic sliding windows. They are available for non-JK wranglers, but not the JKs. I really want half doors but with the flexibility of a sliding window. I hope this is not going to be a deal breaker for me! Questions: Does anyone make upper doors with sliders? I suppose if they are not made yet, they never will be. What is the solution if I want half doors but also want uppers for cold weather/security?
Strike Force Zebra is working on 1/2 doors, which are looking pretty nice. Saw the prototype in person.

They should be out soon and they're a sponsor here. He plans to be working on solid/plastic uppers (toward the end of summer) which will have sliding windows in them.

Welcome to Stirke Force Zebra. Creator of the JK Tactical Half Doors
Old 05-14-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gotcha
so are there skins or soft uppers that use zippers for the JK? zippers are not ideal, but better than nothing, but I can't figure out if even they are available for the jk.
The JK OEM half door uppers only come with the zipper windows.

A set of OEM full doors is harder to find than a set of halfs, now that the kits are readily available.

Best bet is to buy the jeep with full doors and also negotiate for a (discounted) half door kit from the dealer.

The kits are easy to assemble. You need to have the lock cylinders keyed to the rig and color match painted.

There are several threads on half door kits. You can also put in a power latch for the locks if the jeep has power-option doors. The power connector block is different but comes in the kit.

You might also want to negotiate for a third key.

I use my half-doors when the soft top is on and put the fulls back with the hard top. Perfect for New England weather.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Like someone else said... Rare... I'd buy it and just buy full doors for winters.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RodCyn
Strike Force Zebra is working on 1/2 doors, which are looking pretty nice. Saw the prototype in person.

They should be out soon and they're a sponsor here. He plans to be working on solid/plastic uppers (toward the end of summer) which will have sliding windows in them.

Welcome to Stirke Force Zebra. Creator of the JK Tactical Half Doors
X2 on what JR says above. I got my Strike Force Zebra lower half-doors in (see pic below). I asked Bill, the owner, and he says that he is hoping to have the uppers with sliding windows ready to ship around November. When he does, I will be first in line.

Quick Reply: upper door sliders?