Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Upgrading to Rubicon 44's in my JK

Old 12-17-2016, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by doc5339
Don't sweat the small stuff Marine. I get thanked all the time for "my service" to the point that it frustrates me at times; though I am appreciative of the sentiments.

I want to thank you, and the Vietnam/Korea vets who never had the opportunity to be frustrated by people saying "thank you."

Thank You Sir!

S/F

Doc
Haha, you are so right.
Back in the day, when we came home, the people called us murderers.
Everybody would look at you funny, and you would hear them mumbling/whispering to each other, there's that murderer, oh well, that was almost a lifetime ago.

I do thank you so much for your service, and I appreciate everything you've done
Old 12-17-2016, 12:04 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by jdinny
What is your problem man ?
I spent 3 tours in Vietnam as a USMC sniper. I've been shot at in huey's, shot at on the ground, shot at in Jeeps, shot at in the jungle, and shot at walking on rice patty damns, and I have never been attacked/shot at as much as on these Jeep forums.
Some of you guys are just too much.
I enjoy sharing the knowledge I've gathered in my 63 years, and helping others with whatever I can.
These forums are supposed to be here to help others, I thought, I guess I better search that too.
I would pay big money to actually meet some of you, and just see how tough you really are.
Have a great day, and a wonderful Holiday season, and when you're busting someone's balls on a forum, stop and think that that son-of-a-bitch just might be an asshole like me, that sacrificed his or her life, to insure you could be free and enjoy Jeeps, and life as you do!!

Semper-Fi man, once a Marine, always a Marine
Merry Christmas

post was not meant to offend but this topic has been done over and over on all the forums. Its a simple 12 volt circuit that draws very little amps. 18 gauge wire is enough. Fuse where you tap the power. Use some spades and some RTV sealant at the axle.

Most of the people on these forums are on all the jeep forums so it is just a bit redundant to post on all of them and it keeps your responses in one thread.

Good luck with the swap and Merry Christmas.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I got it all wired up and working.
I did wind up with 18ga wire as dirtman suggested, and ran my rear harness up through the tub instead of underneath my JK. Found compatible plugs for the sensors so I didn't need the speaker pins and epoxy.
Very cool swap. I just wanted to thank the guys that offered suggestions and helpful input.
Got to try the lockers out, albeit only in some deep snow so far. The safety switch is a great idea, I mounted my switches in the drivers side knee bolster, and already my 6'5 long ass left knee has hit the front switch, and it is also nice to be able to use them when you want, and how you want, not only when the Jeep computer wants to let you.
It is a very easy and straight forward swap!
Again, thanks to the guys that offered helpful input.
Happy New Year to everyone!
Click image for larger version

Name:	large.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	663912

Views:	140
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	663913

Views:	136
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	663914

Views:	140
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	663915
Old 01-03-2017, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad you got it all figured out!
Old 01-03-2017, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you kind of have to keep in mind on all these jeep forums that we're dinosaurs. Most of these guys are in there 20s and were raised in different age then you and I and a different ideal of manners and respect of others. I don't even blame them. Heck they were raised by our generation. So don't let it bother you. For every smart ass theres 10 good people here that will help you.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did something similar. My safety switch is in a completely different location than the locker switches, just to keep them separate.

I also wired the indicator plungers two two separate LEDs that get power from the battery directly. The indicators will be lit if the locker is engaged, even if the ignition is off. I used the lights on the switches to indicate when the switch is thrown for one, and illumination for the other.

Nice job on yours.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lloydsmale
you kind of have to keep in mind on all these jeep forums that we're dinosaurs. Most of these guys are in there 20s and were raised in different age then you and I and a different ideal of manners and respect of others. I don't even blame them. Heck they were raised by our generation. So don't let it bother you. For every smart ass theres 10 good people here that will help you.
Yea, I hear you. The difference with me/us, is I/We taught our son not to disrespect others, just like my dad did with me. We enjoy helping others, and helping make them successful. Most of these dicks today just want to tell you to use the search function, or google it. Bunch of internet tough guys if you ask me

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
I did something similar. My safety switch is in a completely different location than the locker switches, just to keep them separate.

I also wired the indicator plungers two two separate LEDs that get power from the battery directly. The indicators will be lit if the locker is engaged, even if the ignition is off. I used the lights on the switches to indicate when the switch is thrown for one, and illumination for the other.

Nice job on yours.
Thanks.
I wired the bottom lights into the dash light circuit, and the top lights ground to the sensor
Works pretty decent.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:39 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I love it when thin skinned posters complain about people on the internet then in the same sentence bash on people and call them names.
You may be an old Marine or a 20 year old transgender trust fund baby, thats the thing about the internet, you can say you are where've you want to be. I wish I were in my 20's but in reality I am pushing 50, so you guys can rip on the youngsters all you want. I am direct and blunt, not disrespectful, sometimes with some satire thrown in. Sorry it came off the way it did in your eyes. I will help out where I can.

You act more like one of these ****ing pc snowflakes then a Marine. You get all butt hurt if some meanie on the internet says something that you don't like. Go find your safe zone and rock in the corner.
BTW try using the search once in a while, you will be surprised at what you find. You posted this same question on 3 different JK forums, what within a couple of minutes of each other? OCD? If you were in such urgent need of info on the subject a simple search would have giving it to you in less time then it took you to post up the question. You will get the answer to your question faster and like to find more information then you will typically get in a single thread.

I apologized for insulting you and if you can't take that then I don't know anything else I can do. That reflects on you.
Feel free to block me so I don't ever unintentionally insult you again.

Good luck with your project and have a great new year!

Last edited by TheDirtman; 01-03-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I love it when thin skinned posters complain about people on the internet then in the same sentence bash on people and call them names. You may be an old Marine or a 20 year old transgender trust fund baby, thats the thing about the internet, you can say you are where've you want to be. I wish I were in my 20's but in reality I am pushing 50, so you guys can rip on the youngsters all you want. I am direct and blunt, not disrespectful, sometimes with some satire thrown in. Sorry it came off the way it did in your eyes. I will help out where I can. You act more like one of these ****ing pc snowflakes then a Marine. You get all butt hurt if some meanie on the internet says something that you don't like. Go find your safe zone and rock in the corner. BTW try using the search once in a while, you will be surprised at what you find. You posted this same question on 3 different JK forums, what within a couple of minutes of each other? OCD? If you were in such urgent need of info on the subject a simple search would have giving it to you in less time then it took you to post up the question. You will get the answer to your question faster and like to find more information then you will typically get in a single thread. I apologized for insulting you and if you can't take that then I don't know anything else I can do. That reflects on you. Feel free to block me so I don't ever intuitionally insult you again. Good luck with your project and have a great new year!
I've met some solid 28 y/o's and some dumb ass 50 y/o's. Oh well.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cjnomo
I've met some solid 28 y/o's and some dumb ass 50 y/o's. Oh well.
I've also met accountants that can't weld and welders that can't add. Exp. Exp. Exp.!!!!

Quick Reply: Upgrading to Rubicon 44's in my JK