Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Upgrading bumpers and adding winch any effect on handling? Daylly driver

Old 10-12-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading bumpers and adding winch any effect on handling? Daylly driver

I will be adding Lod front and rear bumpers plus winch. Maybe sliders, more wieght.
How will this effect the ride if any?

Thank
Old 10-12-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by philg4d
I will be adding Lod front and rear bumpers plus winch. Maybe sliders, more wieght.
How will this effect the ride if any?

Thank
Not at all. Front will ride a half inch or so lower, but still more than stable, or even more stable with the extra weight. You'll notice more ride effects from lifting.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Slower on hills

I added my new front bumper with winch and 35s at the same time. The good thing was the bigger and heaver spare kept the front end from being so much heaver than the rear so the headlights only got slightly lower in the aiming department. Sure noticed a difference on the hills. Fifth gear is about where sixth gear used to be in the rpm range and I have one hill where fourth gear works much better trying to maintain 65 mph where sixth gear used to just make it. Need more power.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

The Jeep will set a little lower on the springs. If you're sensitive enough to notice a difference in the power/ride when you have four adult passengers versus just yourself, it will be something akin to that. On top of that, at least in my case, when I added the rear bumper, jerry can and trail racks, I did notice that the rear end is a little looser in the turns.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks all for the info. Love JK-Forum.com

Quick Reply: Upgrading bumpers and adding winch any effect on handling? Daylly driver