Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Upgrading to a bigger lift?

Old 04-12-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nucorman
I have the 2.5" TF coil lift with shocks and am wanting to upgrade to the TF 3" coils for a little more height. Will the track bar relocation bracket for the 2.5" lift still be ok? Will I need to upgrade anything else from the 2.5" kit? Thanks in adavance
i'm thinking about doing this as well for next year....let us know what exactly you need to make the upgrade.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jayrav
With the 3" teraflex coils you get about 4" of lift. Now, ride quality may suffer a bit if you don't get atleast front adj lower control arms so you can increase your caster. That way your JK will handle better than factory.

I don't know if you have a 2dr or 4dr, but if yours is a 2dr you will also need to up grade your drive shafts.

Make sure to post pics after your JK grows again.

Good luck!
I know this to be true with the 2 1/2" and 3" lifts. I'm looking to upgrade to a larger lift soon, as well. What is the actual lift gained from 4" lifts??
Old 10-12-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bumping this back to the top. Been running a 2.5"TF BB on my JKU for few years now and it's been great! I want to go a little taller because after all, who doesn't wish they had an extra inch or two?? I want to put on the TF springs. Northridge4x4 has the springs labeled 3" for 4 door, 4" on 2 door. Am I going to have to make any other mods on top of the springs or are the longer sway bar end links trac bar bracket and brake line extensions from the original kit enough to handle it? I've also got 3" over stock OME shocks already.

Quick Reply: Upgrading to a bigger lift?