Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Upgrading from 2.5"-4" lift what is needed?

Old 11-07-2012, 11:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is probably the only good shot of the rear of my jeep. I haven't bought a rear bumper and I don't plan to. So I'm sorry but this is the best pic I have for now. I got the 1.25" body lift cuz it was only $100 compared to daystars 1" for $195. I actually might take the bl off and cut it down a bit so the gap isn't so big

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121107_120535.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	386264
Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Good looking rig by the way!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2wheelz4me
Thanks! Good looking rig by the way!
Thank you. I have been doing a lot of work to it. I think I have spent over 7k on it since I bought Apr 28th of this year. And I still need to buy shocks, axle shafts, beadlocks, and I'm in the process of making my own rock sliders
Old 11-07-2012, 11:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DEMNJK11
Ya my problem is I'm not buying a kit...there is a guy selling a set of Evo 4" Plush Coils in my area that I'm probably going to scoop up and was just hoping that I could throw them on there with minor upgrades due to budget restraints but I guess they will just sit in the garage til I can upgrade everything else I would need. I figured on the control arms, brake lines and the track bars for sure, but I have JKS quick discos front sway bar links that will still work just wasn't sure about the rears sway bar links and the drive shafts.
You will need longer rear sway bar links definitely. Driveshaft, you can take it easy and not fully flex, and you should be safe while you save up for new 1310 front driveshaft. You can make longer brake line brackets for $5 at Lowes or Home Depot. Your shock adapters will work with the LT shocks you have now. You can make your own bump stops for less than $10 as well. You will want to look into getting Front adj trackbar or Bracket, and same with rear. Depending on how good your bushings are, if they're shot, just get an adj front trackbar instead of the bracket. Control arms, you can buy AEV or RC geometry correcting brackets for $90 and you won't have to drop $200 on adj front upper control arms. If you get aftermarket rear driveshaft you will need rear control arms.

That's pretty much it for the basics. I will be installing my 4" lift after I order the RC Geometry correcting brackets and finish making my brakeline brackets.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delux2769

You will need longer rear sway bar links definitely. Driveshaft, you can take it easy and not fully flex, and you should be safe while you save up for new 1310 front driveshaft. You can make longer brake line brackets for $5 at Lowes or Home Depot. Your shock adapters will work with the LT shocks you have now. You can make your own bump stops for less than $10 as well. You will want to look into getting Front adj trackbar or Bracket, and same with rear. Depending on how good your bushings are, if they're shot, just get an adj front trackbar instead of the bracket. Control arms, you can buy AEV or RC geometry correcting brackets for $90 and you won't have to drop $200 on adj front upper control arms. If you get aftermarket rear driveshaft you will need rear control arms.

That's pretty much it for the basics. I will be installing my 4" lift after I order the RC Geometry correcting brackets and finish making my brakeline brackets.
What do you buy for the brake line brackets and the bump stops? And also my TF lift came with the trackbar brackets so those are already on but I will probably try and go ahead and get some adjustable track bars. I'm definitely going to look into those corrective brackets, because that sounds like a much better deal until I can replace the arms. And ya I don't plan on doing any full flexing anytime soon I'm to busy with work right now : / so another plus on just trying to keep it safe on these drive shafts for now...thanks man that was a lot of help
Old 11-09-2012, 09:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DEMNJK11
What do you buy for the brake line brackets and the bump stops? And also my TF lift came with the trackbar brackets so those are already on but I will probably try and go ahead and get some adjustable track bars. I'm definitely going to look into those corrective brackets, because that sounds like a much better deal until I can replace the arms. And ya I don't plan on doing any full flexing anytime soon I'm to busy with work right now : / so another plus on just trying to keep it safe on these drive shafts for now...thanks man that was a lot of help
With my brake line brackets, I went to lowes and got some 4" long piece of metal stock, bolts, nuts and lock washers.

With my bumpstops, I made them own as well. There has been people to use wood to make their bump stops. Others have used high quality hockey pucks. I made my rear with metal. I modeled it after MetalCloak's bump stops. I welded some steel into a square to get the height I wanted.

Quick Reply: Upgrading from 2.5"-4" lift what is needed?