Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Upgraded from 616/617 OME Coils to 619/620

Old 06-24-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phljeeper
Wow, what a difference. I had light duty OME coils on my 08 Unlimited with 35" Kevlars and had issues with too much sag towing my camper. I just upgraded the coils to the HD front and super HD rears and they are awesome. I am currently 1.5-2" higher than I was before totaling about 4" in lift. I am sure they will settle a bit, but I can't believe how much higher my Jeep is now. I took her for a ride and expected to have a much harsher ride, so far it doesn't feel much different. I will update as I try towing and highway driving.
I would be interested in your old springs if the price is right.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mixilpidilstick
I would be interested in your old springs if the price is right.
No problem, I will keep that in mind, although I may give the air lift bags a try.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Default I Upgraded to 620s and Couldn't be Happier!

It took them forever to come in because they were on back order but once they did and I installed them they were EXACTLY what I was looking for. The Jeep now sits level when it's not loaded and when it is loaded it only sags like half an inch.

Before:

After:

At the same time I got rid of my Full-traction trackbars and replaced them with the much beefier JKS adjustable trackbars. I noticed a much more solid ride immediately. You can also see from the shock towers where they used to sit with the old springs. There's an area on them that's dirty just below the protective top sleeve. That used to be hidden by the sleeve.

A view of the passenger side 620 spring.

On a recent camping trip loaded up with gear including 7 gallons of water, a cooler filled to the brim, my wife, my daughter, my 2hp air compressor, tons of recovery gear, and a full tank of gas (and full jerry cans) and it still sits just about as high as without any load.

Even with the tire carrier swung open it doesn't sag. It used to really lean when it was open, especially with loaded jerry cans.

And I notice almost no difference in the ride from the 619 springs. In fact it actually feels a lot more solid and less wobbly on the road and offroad. I don't know why everyone I talked to on this forum with the exception of those who actually owned these was so negative towards getting them. In my opinion these should be what everyone is pushing to sell and not the 619s or 617s. With so much room in an unlimited why wouldn't you want to load the thing up with gear and people and you can bet when you do that the rear end will sag with the others.

Last edited by pkess3; 06-25-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pkess3

And I notice almost no difference in the ride from the 619 springs. In fact it actually feels a lot more solid and less wobbly on the road and offroad. I don't know why everyone I talked to on this forum with the exception of those who actually owned these was so negative towards getting them. In my opinion these should be what everyone is pushing to sell and not the 619s or 617s. With so much room in an unlimited why wouldn't you want to load the thing up with gear and people and you can bet when you do that the rear end will sag with the others.

Thanks for the follow up! That's the kind of effort and information most of us look for. Nothing worse than people talking crap about products when they have no first hand experience with it or any real world data to back up their beliefs.

So are you saying that the jeep lifted up that extra 1.5" or so that is marked by the dirt on the shocks? Or does it sit like it did before the 620s?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ConroeJK
Thanks for the follow up! That's the kind of effort and information most of us look for. Nothing worse than people talking crap about products when they have no first hand experience with it or any real world data to back up their beliefs.

So are you saying that the jeep lifted up that extra 1.5" or so that is marked by the dirt on the shocks? Or does it sit like it did before the 620s?
It does sit higher than before when not under load but it used to sit lower in the rear as it was. I would park next to stock height jeeps and the front would be higher but the rear only had about an inch more clearance than stock height! Now it sits almost level when not under load and actually looks like it has a 3" lift.

I must also mention that I have 1" leveling spacers in the rear and 1/2" one's in the front. I originally got the one's in the front to compensate for the drop from the winch and I got the rear one's a few years ago to try and compensate for the lower rear end but they hardly made a difference.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pkess3
It took them forever to come in because they were on back order but once they did and I installed them they were EXACTLY what I was looking for. The Jeep now sits level when it's not loaded and when it is loaded it only sags like half an inch.

Before:

After:

At the same time I got rid of my Full-traction trackbars and replaced them with the much beefier JKS adjustable trackbars. I noticed a much more solid ride immediately. You can also see from the shock towers where they used to sit with the old springs. There's an area on them that's dirty just below the protective top sleeve. That used to be hidden by the sleeve.

A view of the passenger side 620 spring.

On a recent camping trip loaded up with gear including 7 gallons of water, a cooler filled to the brim, my wife, my daughter, my 2hp air compressor, tons of recovery gear, and a full tank of gas (and full jerry cans) and it still sits just about as high as without any load.

Even with the tire carrier swung open it doesn't sag. It used to really lean when it was open, especially with loaded jerry cans.

How much lift did you got w/ the 620 springs?

Quick Reply: Upgraded from 616/617 OME Coils to 619/620