Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Upgraded from 616/617 OME Coils to 619/620

Old 06-04-2010, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Upgraded from 616/617 OME Coils to 619/620

Wow, what a difference. I had light duty OME coils on my 08 Unlimited with 35" Kevlars and had issues with too much sag towing my camper. I just upgraded the coils to the HD front and super HD rears and they are awesome. I am currently 1.5-2" higher than I was before totaling about 4" in lift. I am sure they will settle a bit, but I can't believe how much higher my Jeep is now. I took her for a ride and expected to have a much harsher ride, so far it doesn't feel much different. I will update as I try towing and highway driving.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any before and after pics?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Id like to see some before and after pics aswell
Old 06-09-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My HD coild have not sagged in over a year. They are awesome !
Old 06-10-2010, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

give us an update. my 4 door hits bumpstops too much with 4 people. i have a 4.5" re lift and hyd. bumps.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

I haven't had a chance to take pictures, but hope to over the weekend. These coils are great so far. Only a week in, but no noticeable settling at all. I have extended TF bumpstops and was hitting them very frequently with the 616/617 coils and have tried to hit them after the upgrade and don't feel the bumpstops anymore. I have also towed my 3100lb camper and it was barely noticed pushing down the rear end definitely kept it well above the bumpstops.

I have read many times on the forum not to get the 620 rear coils due to a harsh ride and I disagree. I have not noticed any firmer ride over bumps on back roads or the highway with no load other than a driver (and my OrFab carrier with a 35" MT/R spare tire). If you are towing a heavy load I highly recommend the 620's.

I am headed to Rausch Creek on fathers day weekend and can update more then.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-15-2011, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

I found my post in a search and realize I have not updated with pictures. Here are a few with lots of weight on front and rear running 619/620 coils. Not entirely sure I needed the 620s but I don't notice any harshness in the ride over a buddy's Jeep with 618s in the rear. From the pictures, there is not much noticeable difference, but I was not able to add my heavier bumpers with the old coils.

After HD coils (running 619/620)

Before (running 616/617)

Old 04-10-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Great pics! I've been thinking about getting the 620s in the rear and everyone seems against it for some reason. I currently have the 619 fronts and 618 rears and here's my issues:

Here's my jeep with standard load I keep in it all the time. The jerry cans are empty on my Lod full width bumper although I do have a heavy duty air compressor and emergency tools in the back. There's not really any sag in the rear:

Here it is loaded down with all kinds of camping gear. The jerry cans are full and we have about 14 gallons of potable water as well as two coolers filled to the brim in the back. Notice the considerable loss of ground clearance in the back:

Different vantage point:

This was from the most recent camping trip. I experienced rubbing of the tires that is not normally experienced when under light load at full flex. It was almost as if I swapped my springs out for the stock ones:

This is even after I finally installed a winch in the front and it still sags more in the rear:

Other side:
Old 06-24-2011, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pkess3
Great pics! I've been thinking about getting the 620s in the rear and everyone seems against it for some reason. I currently have the 619 fronts and 618 rears and here's my issues:

Here's my jeep with standard load I keep in it all the time. The jerry cans are empty on my Lod full width bumper although I do have a heavy duty air compressor and emergency tools in the back. There's not really any sag in the rear:

Here it is loaded down with all kinds of camping gear. The jerry cans are full and we have about 14 gallons of potable water as well as two coolers filled to the brim in the back. Notice the considerable loss of ground clearance in the back:

Different vantage point:

This was from the most recent camping trip. I experienced rubbing of the tires that is not normally experienced when under light load at full flex. It was almost as if I swapped my springs out for the stock ones:

This is even after I finally installed a winch in the front and it still sags more in the rear:

Other side:
I would say you would be a real candidate for the 620 rear springs.
I wanting to get a set also, to help with towing my camper and hauling gear for longer trips.

Anyone else want to add some first hand experiences with the 620 springs?

Last edited by ConroeJK; 06-24-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Upgraded from 616/617 OME Coils to 619/620