Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

upgrade shocks with no lift

Old 12-23-2010, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrade shocks with no lift

Has anyone upgraded shocks without a lift? What are some of the best brands? I see Rancho, Bilstein, and a couple of others out there. I am a new Jeeper and a bit overwhelmed with all the options out there.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Goofas7070
Has anyone upgraded shocks without a lift? What are some of the best brands? I see Rancho, Bilstein, and a couple of others out there. I am a new Jeeper and a bit overwhelmed with all the options out there.
depends on what you want the shocks for. I have the rancho rs9000xl's for my dodge 2500 cummins and love it (mostly on road use). It's a cost effective way to help the ride. The other more expensive altenative is to go with a resovoir shock. If you want a really nice ride and money is not much of a concern I would reccomend resovoir shocks. But the problem you will run into is that not many companies make a resovoir shock for a jeep without a lift.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goofas7070
Ranchos RS5000 may be installed w/out a lift. Just be jure to advise the seller that u have no lift, so as to get the correct size.

Quick Reply: upgrade shocks with no lift