Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

upgrade flat fenders - metal or plastic

Old 07-26-2010, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrade flat fenders - metal or plastic

Contemplating pros/cons of metal and plastic aftermarket flat fenders. Suggestions?
Old 07-26-2010, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Just trim your stock ones
Old 07-26-2010, 02:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffluv
Contemplating pros/cons of metal and plastic aftermarket flat fenders. Suggestions?
Just an opinion but I've ripped my chopped oem off the jeep before and had a rig go over on it's side with chopped oem fenders in both cases I think they did better than the metal fenders would have done. In my case the tree could have caused some minor body damage and in our friends case the side panels would have been toast...in that case the oem fenders just buckled and a day later we reinstalled them with new clips.

If you go with the metal fender/body armor combo like the ones Off Road Evolution sells it probably would be better than just metal fenders. Again just my
Old 07-26-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

http://www.poisonspyder.com/prod-jkf...sherflares.php

This what I decided on. Steel, VERY sturdy. I could jump on these things.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd either trim the stock ones or go whole-hog and get metal fender/panel replacements. An issue that's been brought up on this forum is that metal fenders only are probably too strong and inflexible for the stock supporting panels, so go with full corners that replace or overlay the stock sheetmetal.

Quick Reply: upgrade flat fenders - metal or plastic