Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Upgrade exhaust questions

Old 09-16-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the 3.8, the MBRP was by far my favorite of all the ones heard, and is what I had on my '07 2 door.

Regardless of what anyone says, an exhaust alone you will not gain any noticeable performance.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dozer311
MBRP all the way. I have the catback tuck exhaust. The only thing that through me off was the tailpipe dumping out the driver side. Nbd though. Sounds awesome with a slight increase in power and response.
Thinking about the MBRP tuck. You say increase in "power and performance" did you actually dyno it and saw an increase or you just going by it feels like you gained power?
Old 09-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by tlend
Thinking about changing the muffler to a Magnaflow or something along those lines. Has anyone upgraded and had performance suffer from it. Ill probably be replacing just the muffler and not the whole system. Thanks

You mentioned just a muffler only. Are you planning on doing a relocate or keep the muffler in the stock location? Look for a muffler that is stainless steel. Most ore these days, BTW. Something that sets us a part from the other out there....

90-Day Risk-Free Trial Offer
Try qualifying DynoMax® products* for 90 days. We guarantee you'll experience the DynoMax® performance difference! If, for any reason, the qualifying products* don't live up to your expectations within the first 90 days, replace the products and we will refund your original product's purchase price (which shall not exceed the manufacturer’s suggested retail price), plus labor (up to $50 per exhaust system). We're that confident you will be satisfied with DynoMax® performance products! For questions about this offer, please contact our customer service department at 734-384-7898.

*Offer limited to the purchase of DynoMax® Stainless Steel Cat-Back Systems and Ultra Flo™ SS Polished, Ultra Flo™ Welded, DynoMax® VT™ or Super Turbo™ performance muffler. This offer does not include products which have been modified, improperly applied or installed on vehicles used for commercial or racing purposes. Valid only on vehicles used for private, non-commercial use and may be withdrawn at any time.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:48 PM
JK Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3394167662.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	499352

Name:	image-2418647349.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	499353

dynomax high flow.. perfect sound on the 3.6.. mounted inline after factory resonator.. beautiful humm.. no drone..not obnoxious anyway. nice sounding v6. no change in power.. but no more rear bulky exhaust!!

Name:	image-4187106607.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	499354

just welded on a turn down and used factory exhaust hanger. $65 muffler and $6 turndown. love it.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:07 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Looks great!!!!
Tucked up there nicely.

Originally Posted by redlinin616
Attachment 499352

Attachment 499353

dynomax high flow.. perfect sound on the 3.6.. mounted inline after factory resonator.. beautiful humm.. no drone..not obnoxious anyway. nice sounding v6. no change in power.. but no more rear bulky exhaust!!

Attachment 499354

just welded on a turn down and used factory exhaust hanger. $65 muffler and $6 turndown. love it.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dynomax
Looks great!!!! Tucked up there nicely.
For the 3.8 engine do you recommend the 3 inch for the VT series. Have you had any internal issues with the VT valve system spring breaking loose and rattling.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by BubbaJK2012
For the 3.8 engine do you recommend the 3 inch for the VT series. Have you had any internal issues with the VT valve system spring breaking loose and rattling
I would look to a 2.5" because that is what is stock on a JK.
In regards to the valve, I have heard of one guy, and I am on a lot of various forums, and it was on Facebook he got a hold of me.
Q) How long will the internal valve spring last?
A) The valve spring is constructed from a corrosion and heat resistant superalloy that is guaranteed to last the life of your vehicle. The high temperature properties of this material have exceeded extreme environmental testing with over 2,000,000 cycles

We also offer a limited lifetime warranty on our mufflers. SO this would be covered if it occurred, BTW.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dynomax
I would look to a 2.5" because that is what is stock on a JK. In regards to the valve, I have heard of one guy, and I am on a lot of various forums, and it was on Facebook he got a hold of me. Q) How long will the internal valve spring last? A) The valve spring is constructed from a corrosion and heat resistant superalloy that is guaranteed to last the life of your vehicle. The high temperature properties of this material have exceeded extreme environmental testing with over 2,000,000 cycles We also offer a limited lifetime warranty on our mufflers. SO this would be covered if it occurred, BTW.
I currently have your 3 inch VTT that is a pre rear axle setup. I got installed about 6,000 miles ago and recently I notice I have some possible valve issues. Can I have my local shop send this in and exchange it. Do you think I should go down to a 2.5 inch even though I don't have a full length exhaust. I run 39's and 5.38 gears with a trail dash and drop in air filter.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

I just ordered the Gibson metal mulisha dual catback, just by looking at the videos made me jizz my pants!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Killfoot1775
Performance in a Jeep? I went with Dynomax Evo Comp on my 07 very happy. If I had to do it again I would just go with the muffler! Good luck! research on Youtube.
that's the exhaust I have been looking into for a while now but I haven't made up my mind because there's so many choices. I've done the YouTube research and it always seems like a find a different one each time. what can u say you like the best about the dynomax?

Quick Reply: Upgrade exhaust questions