Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Update on TC,gear, locker, woes.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Update on TC,gear, locker, woes.

Ok for those of you that have been following my grief, the problem noise has finally been diagnosed after a month and a half. Tc linkage of sort has caused a problem with my gear that engages 2wd to 4wd. It seems something is out of adjustment causing my TC to make noise in 2wd. The noise I'm getting is from the transition of 2wd to 4wd. In other words , it seems the gear that seperates 2wd from 4hi is bouncing when I get to a certain speed, if this makes any since. Like it's not fully engaged in 2wd and not in 4wd. Kinda like grinding between gears. Updates to come on Monday. This may be a new one for everybody.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Ok for those of you that have been following my grief, the problem noise has finally been diagnosed after a month and a half. Tc linkage of sort has caused a problem with my gear that engages 2wd to 4wd. It seems something is out of adjustment causing my TC to make noise in 2wd. The noise I'm getting is from the transition of 2wd to 4wd. In other words , it seems the gear that seperates 2wd from 4hi is bouncing when I get to a certain speed, if this makes any since. Like it's not fully engaged in 2wd and not in 4wd. Kinda like grinding between gears. Updates to come on Monday. This may be a new one for everybody.

What a headache. I am glad its getting sorted out. Did the shop fix your locker issue?
Old 05-01-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Apparently there is no locker issue, it's the TC making the noise The locker is within the tolerances and the 5.13 gears are perfect. They brought to the gear guy and asked him to go for a ride, he heard the noise and bumped on the TC shifter and the noise went away completely. He said somethings out of adj with the linkage or something. Wish I'da had this guy look at it a month and a half ago.

Quick Reply: Update on TC,gear, locker, woes.