Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Unlimited WARRIOR rack and Trektop notes

Old 05-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Hog
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
what is the load rating on that? looks real flimsy also.... mounts to body panels?

According to Warrior, 400 lbs highway or 150 lbs off road. http://www.warriorproducts.com/home.htmlYes, mounts to body (I have some install tips for newbies if asked)

I suppose compared to a $1000 rack, it may be defined as 'light'...
"looks flimsy" is subjective...
doesn't feel flimsy, feels solid
But I purchased it because of budget, size/appearance, garage fit, and more for use on-road than off as this is my DD and I don't wheel hard.

handles a couple sets of golf clubs just fine... also, a couple of those flat gas containers if I so choose

Last edited by Robar; 05-21-2009 at 07:38 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST DIRECT NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 05-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Hog
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=smokeman;1135806]
Originally Posted by Hog

I predict you will GREATLY prefer the clamp hardware over the header knobs. I know I do.
I am certainly counting on it... what's the use of racking honey-do points to go over-budget to have a quick, roll-open summer top if a guy that weighs 245 can't get it closed by hisself...
"Honey, will you please thread these header knobs for me while I get a hernia holding it in place so they can be threaded? AACKK, no NO.. don't cross-thread it! Oh, and by-the-way, you still can't put the top down when you drive it... yes, yes, sort of like it is for you with the front hard top panels... but I bought this for YOU sweetheart..... What did you call me?"

Thanks for the encouragement, smokeman!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=Hog;1133549]
Originally Posted by JoeBlob
Welcome to my world. Wait til you get the hardtop fastback... It's even worse because it's so heavy. I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about that day.

Howdy JoeBlob... long time no chat (Remember our e-mail exchange a few months back? Your rig was my 'style muse'... had a couple laughs... fat old guys in thongs etc.)

I feel your pain.. pass the word.

After I cleared the hardtop, I battled the Trektop - - - not all of the issues were rack-related... other Trekies know of the war laughingly referred to as "a little difficulty with the header knobs"... I'm waiting for my clamp-style hardware from BesTop now.
I was too tired from sweating and huffing to pump enough blood to get high pressure... I'm still sore from the exertion.. got leg cramps from standing on my toes too much.. slipped out of my thongs three times...been trying to replace my body fluid loss by drinking enough Tecate'

Hey though, Bro... 'great looking' rack, eh?

HOG!!!!!!!!!!! What's up brother? You need to post some pix. Sounds like it's coming together nicely.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:24 AM
JK Junkie

Welcome to my world. Wait til you get the hardtop fastback... It's even worse because it's so heavy. I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about that day.

That Jeep looks awesome
Old 05-22-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't forget the MBRP JK rack, it'll support 500 lbs anywhere

Yea, I know, if you take the hardtop off (very easy), then there's no rack--big deal!!!

JIMBO
Old 05-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Hog
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=JoeBlob;1138799]
Originally Posted by Hog

HOG!!!!!!!!!!! What's up brother? You need to post some pix. Sounds like it's coming together nicely.

YASSIR Boss... not too bad for a light-wheeling, tight-ass buget, daily driver... but man-O-man, we might need to kick you to "Extreme" - Baaad-Ass ride you got going there JB!

Thought the link was the way to go, especially since your pic is up and just about anyone's rig pales by comparison... I so do like Blk-on-Blk!

Oh W-t-F:
Click image for larger version

Name:	HOGs Trektop2.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	24525
Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=Hog;1139723]

YASSIR Boss... not too bad for a light-wheeling, tight-ass buget, daily driver... but man-O-man, we might need to kick you to "Extreme" - Baaad-Ass ride you got going there JB!

Thought the link was the way to go, especially since your pic is up and just about anyone's rig pales by comparison... I so do like Blk-on-Blk!

Oh W-t-F:
Attachment 24525

Looking good brother! Love those wheels and the side steps. You should get a set of tube doors from that Rubimon dude. Or does it rain everyday up there?
Old 05-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Hog
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=JoeBlob;1139780]
Originally Posted by Hog

Looking good brother! Love those wheels and the side steps. You should get a set of tube doors from that Rubimon dude. Or does it rain everyday up there?
Thanks bud-dy!
AEV Pintlers are hub-centric and aproximate original wheel-bearing load (supposedly)... Not 37's and all that goes with that, but good for broken mama
and oldbob ingress/egress, fireroads+, and man is it ever a bitch'n winter driver.. handled 28" of snow without blink'n.

After my next 'purple' oil change this weekend, my wad is blown.. no mo money, honey.

Now have to finish winch and some misc installs and do wiring...sheee - it !gotta get another case of Tecate'...

Rains every other day on odd and even days.

Have a rock'n but safe week end!

Quick Reply: Unlimited WARRIOR rack and Trektop notes