Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Unlimited WARRIOR rack and Trektop notes

Old 05-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Hog
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unlimited WARRIOR rack and Trektop notes

If you have it installed, chances are that unless you WD-40'd or such the slip-on points from the get-go, the rack won't pop off easy.... even if the clip-pins are loose, the tube fittings are probably rusted together.

If you have the hardtop, chances are that the drip rail makes the top just a tich too wide to slide off or on easy unless you pop the rack (uh-oh, see above)... it CAN be off'd with grunt'n and groan'n and crab'n and scratch'n.... let you know about on'n it come Nov. Might be triming off the drip rail someday.

If you get the hardtop off and are putting on a Trektop because the stock soft top can't be put down without taking rack off (or not at all if you have the above going on), be aware that the rear rack supports complicate the fastening of the rear Trektop windows due to tight clearance... making one cut in the plastic lip anchor about where the mid rack support is worked for me (then pulling down and seating from the bottom up, not the roll-it-in method)...rear rack supports provide 'challenge' as well... but it can be done... is it worth the money I saved on the rack well, I like the way it looks and I'm on a budget... I'll definetly be getting some 'rust-loosener' sometime soon

PS... Trektop header installation ain't fer sissies

Last edited by Hog; 05-18-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Should have bought a Cargo Nack instead of the Warrior rack
Old 05-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Hog
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jayrav
Should have bought a Cargo Nack instead of the Warrior rack
Well now, isn't that witty

I put a little sump'n out there to 'heads-up" the next guy and get sniped.

Hope you got your satisfaction. Might be more helpful to the looking-for-a-rack crowd if you gave some data they can use.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Welcome to my world. Wait til you get the hardtop fastback... It's even worse because it's so heavy. I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about that day.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Hog
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=JoeBlob;1132937]Welcome to my world. Wait til you get the hardtop fastback... It's even worse because it's so heavy. I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about that day.

Howdy JoeBlob... long time no chat (Remember our e-mail exchange a few months back? Your rig was my 'style muse'... had a couple laughs... fat old guys in thongs etc.)

I feel your pain.. pass the word.

After I cleared the hardtop, I battled the Trektop - - - not all of the issues were rack-related... other Trekies know of the war laughingly referred to as "a little difficulty with the header knobs"... I'm waiting for my clamp-style hardware from BesTop now.
I was too tired from sweating and huffing to pump enough blood to get high pressure... I'm still sore from the exertion.. got leg cramps from standing on my toes too much.. slipped out of my thongs three times...been trying to replace my body fluid loss by drinking enough Tecate'

Hey though, Bro... 'great looking' rack, eh?
Old 05-19-2009, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hog
Well now, isn't that witty

I put a little sump'n out there to 'heads-up" the next guy and get sniped.

Hope you got your satisfaction. Might be more helpful to the looking-for-a-rack crowd if you gave some data they can use.
Hey Hog! Don't get your panties in a bunch No sniping here

I was being serious. Honest to God advice. Sell your rack and get a Cargo Nack. Problem solved

Do a search on Crago Nack or Nack attack. You will see what I'm talking about.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:05 AM
Hog
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jayrav
Hey Hog! Don't get your panties in a bunch No sniping here

I was being serious. Honest to God advice. Sell your rack and get a Cargo Nack. Problem solved

Do a search on Crago Nack or Nack attack. You will see what I'm talking about.

Oh, sorry.

OK, thanks jayray. I appreciate the recommendation... I must have been still too 'wrapped' from the experience to be objective and perceive your intent.
(BTW, no panties... I roll 'commando')

Couple problems with selling: I actually like this rack and I'm stubborn enough to want to make things work like they're supposed to. Also, I hate selling... I'm lazy and never seem to get around to selling anything (this actually requires dealing with other humans )...got enough leftover parts to start a small auto parts business (still have custom wheels from my Montero and a Trunk Monkey even).

Thanks for the follow-up!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is the load rating on that? looks real flimsy also.... mounts to body panels?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hog
Oh, sorry.

OK, thanks jayray. I appreciate the recommendation... I must have been still too 'wrapped' from the experience to be objective and perceive your intent.
(BTW, no panties... I roll 'commando')

Couple problems with selling: I actually like this rack and I'm stubborn enough to want to make things work like they're supposed to. Also, I hate selling... I'm lazy and never seem to get around to selling anything (this actually requires dealing with other humans )...got enough leftover parts to start a small auto parts business (still have custom wheels from my Montero and a Trunk Monkey even).

Thanks for the follow-up!
I hear ya. I don't enjoy selling things neither. I have a full 3" lift that still haven't gotten around to sell. It's been about 3-4 months now.

Good luck!
Old 05-20-2009, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=Hog;1133549]
Originally Posted by JoeBlob
Welcome to my world. Wait til you get the hardtop fastback... It's even worse because it's so heavy. I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about that day.

Howdy JoeBlob... long time no chat (Remember our e-mail exchange a few months back? Your rig was my 'style muse'... had a couple laughs... fat old guys in thongs etc.)

I feel your pain.. pass the word.

After I cleared the hardtop, I battled the Trektop - - - not all of the issues were rack-related... other Trekies know of the war laughingly referred to as "a little difficulty with the header knobs"... I'm waiting for my clamp-style hardware from BesTop now.
I was too tired from sweating and huffing to pump enough blood to get high pressure... I'm still sore from the exertion.. got leg cramps from standing on my toes too much.. slipped out of my thongs three times...been trying to replace my body fluid loss by drinking enough Tecate'

Hey though, Bro... 'great looking' rack, eh?
I predict you will GREATLY prefer the clamp hardware over the header knobs. I know I do.

Quick Reply: Unlimited WARRIOR rack and Trektop notes