Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Unlimited suspention on X

Old 04-15-2008, 07:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Interesting....I just went and took a look at mine again...it might be a little higher up fron but that doesnt matter as I am about to add the winch and steel bumper....22 different eh? Jeesh.....there are only 6 models...I wonder why they came out with some many different springs....?
Cause there are so many different options to add stuff that WEIGHS.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I knew it!!

Originally Posted by jkkat
To give you an idea, I put on the coils from an unlimited rubi on to my 2 dr RubyDoo and gained 1 inch of lift on the front and about 1.5 on the rear but the rake is going to be a problem.

I told you guys this would happen...

Hey Kat, your Jeep looks like it wants to pounce!! Is a hummer about to drive by?
Old 04-15-2008, 07:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No hummer on my street, just an old YJ and a couple of crappy fords and a toyota tundra.

The driveway goes slightly down in the front which exeradrates the rake some.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Wow why did you get so much in the rear? On the 4 door springs i had the rears were the same size as my stock ones. On the RC 2.5 I have a 2.5 spacer up front and a 2 in the rear...mine is completely level....
I got stock springs out of an unlimited rubicon and put them in my 2 DR rubicon. The Unlimiteds are rated for 3500 Lbs of towing and much more weight carring capisity.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jkkat
I got stock springs out of an unlimited rubicon and put them in my 2 DR rubicon. The Unlimiteds are rated for 3500 Lbs of towing and much more weight carring capisity.
I know...and I have the same thing but no rake like that.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 2-dr X hardtop and I installed shocks and springs off of a Rubicon Unlimited soft top. At the same time I installed a Daystar 1 3/4' leveling kit. My lift gain came in at about three inches. The ride is somewhat stiffer but I expected that. The rake is no more pronounced than it was sith the stock X stuff in it. I'm very happy with the setup I have. I am thinking of getting some Rancho 9000 shocks.

Quick Reply: Unlimited suspention on X