Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Unlimited 4x4 Sahara Lift-any suggestions?

Old 01-28-2010, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unlimited 4x4 Sahara Lift-any suggestions?

I have recently bought a 2007 Unlimited 4x4 Sahara and I need some direction.
Im looking for advice on the cheepest way to add a 2inch lift to my Sahara without affecting the suspension/ride. I would like to keep the cost under $200.00. I am not planning on adding a bunch of weight (i.e. bumpers, winch) to it any time soon, I just want to make it look a little meaner. I have found a number of options such as:

-Performance Accessories Body lift: $96.75
(car-stuff.com/store/?N=10852+4294962491+1557+11920+4294960011)

-Warrior Products 2'' economy spacer kit: $164.99

(http://www.quadratec.com/products/16121_500_07.htm)

-Black Diamond 2'' Spacer Lift: $164.99
(http://www.quadratec.com/products/16101_100.htm)

-Skyjacker 2'' Poly Value Suspension System: $143.95(xtremeterrain.com/2polyvaluesuspensionsystemfor2007wranglerjkandunli mitedbyskyjacker.aspx)

The problem is that I dont know which one is the best value/quality. If anyone can give me some advice on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-28-2010 at 08:09 AM. Reason: please do not post direct links to non-sponsors
Old 01-28-2010, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

This forum is chock full of advice and opinions...
BDS has a 2" spacer lift w/shocks for $370.00, or you can get into a Teraflex kit with springs for around $400 bucks.
Just look around this forum and you will be filled with opinions, be patient and build the way YOU want...
A good quality lift is not cheap, and you must ask yourself where you want to be in the future so you don't have to shit can what you have and buy more later...
You probably won't get much (quality) for under $200 bucks...
Old 01-28-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jason_Coffey
I have recently bought a 2007 Unlimited 4x4 Sahara and I need some direction.
Im looking for advice on the cheepest way to add a 2inch lift to my Sahara without affecting the suspension/ride. I would like to keep the cost under $200.00. I am not planning on adding a bunch of weight (i.e. bumpers, winch) to it any time soon, I just want to make it look a little meaner. I have found a number of options such as:
Hey Jason!

Welcome to the forum.

What's your goal with your lift? Just a little more clearance & appearance?

Generally cheapest lift and ride quality don't go together.

IMHO: If you're determined to lift it immediately on that budget, I'd get something like the TeraFlex leveling kit (you can read a little here to get you started but search for more threads).

The other option is to research more on here while saving some $ up. I'd say a large % of people (but not everyone!) on here that start with a budget boost eventurally scrap it to go with a coil lift. Waiting is the hardest part but it will save you some $ and time from doing it twice. As for coil lifts I'd personally rec Teraflex or OME (at least as starting points for research).

David @ Northridge can answer specific questions for you and won't try and up-sell you. Good, knowledgeable guy and straight shooter.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

You make a good point. I understand cheap doesnt usually incorporate quality. As you said, my goal is to improve a little clearance and appearance. I have found a black diamond kit that has thicker coil spring isolators that replace the factory isolators which provides 2'' of lift. Also found a Performance Accessories body lift. Supposedly, neither of these has an effect on the ride. Any comments?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:15 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

how big of a tire are you wanting to run? i personally would start there.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many lift products like these make the claim they don't affect stock ride quality because they don't change spring and damping rates directly, but they do change the geometry of the 5-link suspension so they will affect the ride.

I understand budgets, but those are some the lowest cost lift products available and the suspension is a critical system and literally the foundation of your JK. If you run a SEARCH you will find many threads on lift options.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to do it on the cheap but get a decent/complete lift, most guys will just do the TF 2.5 " BB and 1.5" SpiderTrax spacers and start there.

The lift is complete & relatively easy to do in a day.

i think i paid a total of $349 for all of it??? (somewheres around there anyway)

If I were going to do it again (or in the future) I might have just purchased the OME coils and be happy!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

I also wanted just a little more clearance and to clean up the rake. I have a 2007 4-door and went with the Teraflex leveling kit and have been very happy. I think it looks nice, opens up the front 2-3 inches and 1 to 1 1/2 in the back. I've gone on the add a new front bumper but the stance is still basically flat. Nice product if your looking on improving the stance. If you want big improvement in articulation, save your money and invest in a quality 3 inch kit down the road.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-28-2010, 03:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
how big of a tire are you wanting to run? i personally would start there.
x2

not necessarily what you have now but where do you anticipate maxing out?

(too much wheel well might not give you the mean look your desiring; if its primarily for appearance check out the show and tell section of the forum and that will give you some idea's of lift heights/tire combos)

Last edited by m(a)ce; 01-28-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

check out JKS ACOS.. That's what I've got and its' "adjustable"...

Quick Reply: Unlimited 4x4 Sahara Lift-any suggestions?