Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Unique-ish mods...

Old 01-09-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I like the steering wheel - what did you have to do to get the controls to work?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jd1066
I 'm loving the GC steering wheel - what year GC is it out of? I might have to go shopping at my local junk yard.

I saw that post about getting the controls on the wheel to work - what controls are they?

Thanks for the info - great mods!

JD
It may be tough to find at the local Pick Your Nose...it came from an 07 SRT8 GC. Looks like the Commanders have 'em too.
The controls are for the cruise...no little stalk sticking out the side anymore.

Last edited by calypson; 01-10-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by calypson
It may be tough to find at the local Pick Your Nose...it came from an 07 SRT8 GC.
The controls are for the cruise...no little stalk sticking out the side anymore.
Yeah, that could be a little tough to find - thanks for the info.

JD
Old 01-09-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey Sahara,
I am working on getting the shifter to work but that'll be a tough one too.

I'd have to say the SRT seats are softer and obviously more form fitting but the original JK seats are pretty comfortable on long drives.

Did you get any further with your Brembo brakes? I have a set sitting here now too...
The brakes are still just sitting here. I had hoped to get the Jeep in to the shop in January to get the RIPP kit put on and have the brakes done at the same time and make an SRT6 JK, but NoCompromise removed his, and then N8Kern did the same, both felt it was a quality kit, just didn't deliver the power they wanted and they both had trouble tuning it despite the "lightning bolt free" claims, so I've decided to go with the Hemi. Which will wait until Spring it looks like. I plan on doing the 6.1 and I'm waiting to see if AEV can actually tune the transmission to get rid of the "dead spot" people are not complaining of or hopefully their A580 kit will be done by then and I can get that bolted.

So, in summary my poor beautiful Brembos are just sitting, waiting and making me wish I had them on the Jk. I'm keeping myself busy doing interior mods this week myself. Custom Katzkins to go with the Blacked out theme of my JK. I'd imagine they're the next best thing to getting a bigger seat like your SRTs, but a whole heck of a lot less work. lol

Sounds like you'll end up getting to the brakes before me. I hope you'll give some details up on what other parts are needed besides the calipers and rotors. Getting details out of the BOR was not happening when I tried. lol They're too busy with hemi swaps I guess.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

SLC is also a sponsor here and I know they sell everything you need to complete a Hemi swap.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

Very plush almost did not recognize the interior. I'd hate to get mud in there.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
SLC is also a sponsor here and I know they sell everything you need to complete a Hemi swap.
I spoke with Gerry (very helpful fellow) but they are in the same boat. They are waiting for AEV kits too. He offered to help me source the parts to make a kit but being in Canada I'd rather just wait for a complete DIY kit.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

I spoke with Gerry (very helpful fellow) but they are in the same boat. They are waiting for AEV kits too. He offered to help me source the parts to make a kit but being in Canada I'd rather just wait for a complete DIY kit.
Oh ok, what is the cost of the Hemi swap for all the parts? I am assuming you are doing the swap.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow nice me want hemi
Old 01-09-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just can't seem to find the words...

Ah yes...

YOU SUCK!

I do mean that in an endearing way

Quick Reply: Unique-ish mods...