Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Unhappy with new Corbeau seats. What are my seat options looking like?

Old 07-23-2020, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Unhappy with new Corbeau seats. What are my seat options looking like?

My cloth factory seats were torn up so I ordered a new pair of Corbeau vinyl seats and installed the driver's side into my 07 JKU; let's just say I am less than impressed. The seat is uncomfortable, the seatback rocks back and forth a very good amount, and it's very wide which jams the seatbelt latch in between the seat and the console. The seatbelt latch actually stopped engaging properly which I'm not going to 100% blame the seat but I don't think it's a coincidence either. I haven't installed the passenger seat yet so I'm just dealing with the driver side for now.

My giant f*ckup is that I threw out the factory seat and bracket right after installing the new seat, in hindsight I should have just thrown on some nice seat covers and left everything as-is. Right now I have mismatching seats and I'd much rather replace the Corbeau than install the passenger side too. My options seem to be either find an OEM seat and bracket (expensive and rare), or get better aftermarket seats (an option I'm skeptical about since these these awful seats had 4.5 stars). Is there a better place than ebay to find factory seats? And are there better aftermarket seats than these? I also realized my jeep has the four SRS weight sensors in the passenger seat bracket and I'd really prefer not to have to disable the entire airbag system with whatever option I go with (which is why I was holding off in installing the passenger seat and bracket).

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!
Old 07-23-2020, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You can check car-part.com or other jeep dismantlers to see if they've got the seats. I'd bet you can find one semi close to you. I know a guy with corbeau seats like that in a daily driver. They're awesome on the trail but man do they suck for a daily. I've heard PRP and Twisted Stitches are good but I've not touched one or sat in one to know.
The following 2 users liked this post by karls10jk:
Sv_dude (07-23-2020), VPRCR (07-23-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

I’ve had a few different corbeau seats in the past, I haven’t been impressed with any of them. Check out PRP. They have some better options than corbeau.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
You can check car-part.com or other jeep dismantlers to see if they've got the seats.
Awesome site, thank you! I did manage to find a perfect match nearby but after calling it turns out they were a couple states away, I'll keep looking though.

Originally Posted by Sv_dude
I’ve had a few different corbeau seats in the past, I haven’t been impressed with any of them. Check out PRP. They have some better options than corbeau.
Thanks for the rec!

Quick Reply: Unhappy with new Corbeau seats. What are my seat options looking like?