Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Under Seat Security Box?

Old 01-21-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the Bestop. Great compact seems tough enough. Nice and long for all your "valuables". I think I gave 50 or 60 on ebay shipped to my door.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:07 PM
JK Newbie

I also went with the Tuffy. I was willing to spend a little more for more steel & the option to key it alike to other armored replacements (glovebox, console, etc.) in future.

I'm getting ready to install it & thought of something: what if anything did y'all do about the seat bolts themselves? I mean, we pay for these boxes & then anyone could break into the vehicle & with a socket wrench, remove the box for later forced entry at their leisure. Does anyone else think it might be sensible to find security fasteners in this size? (if indeed they're made this large, it would at least slow them down?).

Heading for the Grainger catalog...
Old 01-21-2012, 10:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlkJck
I also went with the Tuffy. I was willing to spend a little more for more steel & the option to key it alike to other armored replacements (glovebox, console, etc.) in future.

I'm getting ready to install it & thought of something: what if anything did y'all do about the seat bolts themselves? I mean, we pay for these boxes & then anyone could break into the vehicle & with a socket wrench, remove the box for later forced entry at their leisure. Does anyone else think it might be sensible to find security fasteners in this size? (if indeed they're made this large, it would at least slow them down?).

Heading for the Grainger catalog...
Red loctite and a torque wrench! They will give up!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I wish they made these for the passenger side too.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Boom
LOL, I guess I'm overthinking again.

Anyone know what the torque spec is for the front seat bolt? (JKU if if matters)
Old 01-22-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Boom

This is a great option!

I was gonna say that tuffy makes bolt locks. It's what I used to secure my winch. No idea how well those bolt locks would fit for a seat application.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Just a heads up for the 2 door guys. Neither box will work. I just had to send mine back. Its because the seat is designed different to fold and tumble to allow passengers to get into the back.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkjacksonjack
Just a heads up for the 2 door guys. Neither box will work. I just had to send mine back. Its because the seat is designed different to fold and tumble to allow passengers to get into the back.
What model JK do you have? What Seat Options?

My 2010 2 Dr Sport's Driver Seat doesn't fold and tumble, only my passenger side does.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

This is true for the 2011 & 2012 2 door JKs.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Found this on the quadratec website about the lock box:

This high security 16 gauge steel security drawer mounts under the drivers side seat in a Jeep JK. The formfitting design of the Tuffy lockbox has over 324 cubic inches of lockable storage. It’s secured contents are easily accessed by maneuvering the drawer open and closed on the smooth ball bearing slides using the convenient pull lever. Will not fit 2 Door Models with Easy Access Drivers Seat Option.

Guess I don't have to worry!

Quick Reply: Under Seat Security Box?