Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Under coating/ rhino lining ?

Old 01-05-2014, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Under coating/ rhino lining ?

Hey guys,

I am new to the hot sun of California as I have just moved here from Chicago. Being as I just purchased a new 2dr sport and it's currently being built, I was curious if any guys on the west coast under coat or rhino line their Jeeps to help protect the metal underneath? I have never purchased a new vehicle before this and I am just trying to figure out ways to keep it going strong for many, many years to come. I know the under coating was a big thing back east.

Just looking for direction on this, if anyone can help a new Jeeper out!

Rob
Old 01-05-2014, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I lived in the Middle East for a while and almost every Jeeper there did an undercoating because of all the salt... Never heard of a bed liner being used like that but specific undercoating works well...
Old 01-05-2014, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rust generally isn't an issue here in Cali. Cal-Trans doesn't use salt, just sand. Unless you drive into the ocean you don't need to worry about going crazy too keep rust at bay.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default are roads here

are so coverd my jk looks white all winter I used bed liner and rubberized undercoating and it comes off with rust coming right throw it so just keep spaying it every spring try fighting it is all u can do I hear regular flat black rustolium is even better I might just start that if it helps rather than 7 bucks a can for other rustolium sprays such as bedliner and rustproof undercoating made by them

Quick Reply: Under coating/ rhino lining ?