Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ultimate 2" Lift, Dumb Questions will Follow

Old 12-15-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate 2" Lift, Dumb Questions will Follow

I don't want my lift or 2012 Unlimited Sport to be a monster. I like the 18-20mpg. I have 3.73's and a limited slip in the rear.

Here are my goals:
33x11.5x17 all terrains
solid leveling kit
front disconnects
everything done right
front exhaust mods or spacers for improved travel (2012 will hit the exhaust first excluding stock shocks)
new eval skid or mod

Since I want to basically level out the Jeep and only run 33's, does it make sense to go with a quality leveling kit and add longer travel shocks (longer than stock) and front disconnects?

My theory is that I can spend the extra money on shocks, front exhaust spacers, front disconnects, and get better performance than a 2.5" lift at the same dollar amount. Since I don't have lockers, I need to try to keep all the wheels on the ground. I'm not looking for a rock crawler, just a good trail rig for hunting and having some fun.

Other thought is that if you add bump stops to the front in equal thickness to the lift, the side that is compressed basically negates any lift. Therefore, what you want to increase is the ability to drop one wheel.

Thoughts on an improved version of a leveling kit? Or is it not worth it?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the way I went for 33's:

Lift: Rusty's 2" Coil Spring Spacers
Shocks: I went with the Skyjacker 7000 Hydros
Swaybar Extensions: Northridge 4x4 Swaybar Extensions
Evap Skid: Poison Spyder Customs skid
Tires: 33x12.50R15 Duratracs
Rims: Vision Warrior 15x7.5" with 3.75" backspacing. You will need some spacers to run the stock 17" rims.

With this setup, I have no rubbing with 33's at all, and it was done at a very low price. Mine is a daily driver with occasional off road trips on mild/moderate trails. You won't need an exhaust spacer for a 2" lift. Yes, bumpstops will limit your flex, but with 33's you don't need them, only if you plan on running 35's on less lift.

Quick Reply: Ultimate 2" Lift, Dumb Questions will Follow