Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

UK Project

Old 04-08-2008, 11:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all

On the topic of bumpers, I'm trying to figure out how to add some decent tow hooks to my bumper as unlike our US guys, our euro spec bumpers don't come with the cut outs to add the Mopar hooks and don't fancy cutting my bumper up.

Came across these on the AEV site -

http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/jk_bumper/

Anyone know if they would actually fit as am not sure if the euro spec bumpers are mounted different to US and this would affect the fixing points? Only other idea I can think of is to fit Mopar hooks pointing downwards and then find some type of clip fitment to stop strap or shackle falling off.

Got to say that Jeep really didn't think about this much as surely it's a basic requirement for anyone venturing further off road than a field!

Just also for your information, there's a TSB out to cover engine stalls on the CRD as mine had a habit of stalling at roundabouts unless I gave it some gas so if yours does the same, take it in (came out only yesterday when mine was in to fix my leaking hard top, numerous rattles, door clunk etc!)

Thanks

Nick

Last edited by Robar; 06-21-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: PLEASE DON'T POST DIRECT NON SPONSOR LINKS.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J88P ME
Hey guys, I'm just about to start on what I think maybe the first major mod project on a JK here in the UK.

As with my CJ7 project 4 years ago, all parts had to be ordered from the U.S. as that's where the aftermarket is. Unfortunately we have very limited availability over here for Jeep aftermarket parts. I used 4wd Hardware for my CJ but looks like I'm going with Quadratec for the JK parts. No reason other than availability.

Here's my hit list for starters based on a Silver 2.8 CRD Auto Sahara Unlimited: (I'm just about to purchase the Jeep - used not new)

37x12.5x18 BFG KM2's (to go on stock rims)
1" Spacers
4" lift
AEV Front bumper with lights
PureJeep rear bumper with tire carrier
AEV Heat reduction hood
AEV front skid plate
5:13 Gears
Warn 9.5ti winch

I'm just about to place an order for all these parts above, so any feedback on this set up would be greatly appreciated from my fellow Jeepers across the pond

Cheers,
First thing that comes to mind is you need 1.5" spacer or you will have to do something about your lugs that stick out 1 3/8". You might rub anyway with only an inch spacer.

If I were putting out the money for the 9.5 winch I would just go up to the powerplant.

NOTE FROM THE ADMINISTRATOR
Please note that multiple posts have been deleted from this thread. Contrary to what many seem to think, JK-Forum.com didn't just magically appear on the internet and if it weren't for the generous help and financial support of our sponsors, it simply wouldn't exist. Need I say, we feel that it wouldn't be fair to those companies who are helping to support us to allow other manufacturers, vendors, dealerships or Jeep related businesses to benefit from our forum by allowing them to post comments here unless they are helping to carry the load as well.

So, unless you are a sponsoring advertiser of Project-JK.com, you need to know that it is our policy to not allow manufacturers, vendors, dealers, Jeep related businesses or even for-profit publications to participate on or solicit their products, services, or websites anywhere on JK-Forum.com, or contact our members though private messages. If you have any questions, please contact the administrator.

Last edited by wayoflife; 06-22-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J88P ME
Hey guys, I'm just about to start on what I think maybe the first major mod project on a JK here in the UK.

As with my CJ7 project 4 years ago, all parts had to be ordered from the U.S. as that's where the aftermarket is. Unfortunately we have very limited availability over here for Jeep aftermarket parts. I used 4wd Hardware for my CJ but looks like I'm going with Quadratec for the JK parts. No reason other than availability.

Here's my hit list for starters based on a Silver 2.8 CRD Auto Sahara Unlimited: (I'm just about to purchase the Jeep - used not new)

37x12.5x18 BFG KM2's (to go on stock rims)
1" Spacers
4" lift
AEV Front bumper with lights
PureJeep rear bumper with tire carrier
AEV Heat reduction hood
AEV front skid plate
5:13 Gears
Warn 9.5ti winch

I'm just about to place an order for all these parts above, so any feedback on this set up would be greatly appreciated from my fellow Jeepers across the pond

Cheers,

I think you might want to look into ordering the front D44 (comes with locker), especially since you're going to run 37's and be re-gearing anyways. Not sure what the cost for that would be though involving shipping.

Quick Reply: UK Project