Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

UK Project

Old 03-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Hog
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick axle info/experience/pictures follow-up/link - - https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/another-broken-axle-29381/ - - will get you to some of the threads here and if you search "axle" you should get more (sorry if there is a better way to cross-ref, I'm not much experienced at cyber-punking) - and sorry if it seems I'm harping, but even the reletively small few-failures-to many-JKs ratio is a safety/function/convenience issue all should learn about.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by directedby
i think you brits need to post some pics!

i'm a brit living in LA....

Cheers....
Me, too.

I was born in Leicester (go Foxes), and lived in Loughborough.

There are a lot of us Brits out here.

Glad to see some UK Jeeps on here!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

FTE are building an Unlimited even as we speak. Follow it's progress here.....

http://www.fte.co.uk/fte4x4/jk/index.htm

Last edited by wayoflife; 06-22-2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: please refrain from posting direct links to non-sponsoring manufacturers
Old 03-24-2008, 03:22 AM
JK Newbie

Mike - Thanks for the info ref FTE - I'm going to make contact to see how those guys are getting on with their project
Old 03-24-2008, 03:28 AM
JK Newbie

Hey Dociain - I forgot to ask about what you posted earlier ref suspension lifts on RHD JK's.

What problems would I have using a lift kit made for a LHD JK?? and can I overcome any problems with basic mods to the kit?

Cheers
Old 03-26-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just read the first page of this thread......Just gotta ? for the brits...Would you say the CRD engine is a powerful one?
cheers yall
Old 03-27-2008, 11:57 PM
JK Newbie

Hi Ian

No can do Jeep Camp this year but may be doing Mille Riviere in November or Corsica in October.

Nick
Old 03-31-2008, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Voodoo
US bumpers are not street legal anymore (at least none I know of as of today), while a UK product certified and legalized in UK has a good chance to become legal in the entire EU.

99% of the Defenders, Jeeps, Samurais etc. driving around with serious bumpers were modded before the rules changed and can keep the mod. It is MUCH more difficult (if not close to impossible) with a new vehicle now.

Maybe not. I recently asked the relevant British government department if winch bumpers are specifically affected by the new EU law and this is the reply I got. It appears as far as the UK is concerned, vehicles manufactured after 25 May 2007 can have non type approved bumpers. However, any manufacturer not taking into consideration SVA and Construction and Use regulations will still be in sticky territory. Lofty's current D ring brackets and bolt heads will certainly fall foul of the 5mm minimum radius on edges.

Hi Vincent

Thank you for your email of 26 February.

Directive 2005/66/EC which came into force on 25 May 2007 only covers Frontal Protection Systems (FPS) which are separate structures designed to protect the external surface of the vehicle. As winches and winch bumpers do not fit this category they are not covered by the Directive.

Under the legislation that is being considered for the enforcement of this Directive, it would be an offence for a supplier to offer for sale non compliant FPS. It will not be an offence for an individual to install a non compliant FPS. The legislation is unlikely to be enforced prior to transposition.

Please note that, the information supplied is a summary of the Department's understanding of what the law requires. However, ultimately the interpretation of the law is a matter for the courts based on individual facts of any particular case. You are therefore advised to consult the relevant legislation and, if necessary, seek independent advice.

I trust this is helpful.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance.

Regards,

Joanna

Joanna Bertoni
Transport Technology and Standards
Department for Transport
Zone 2/05
Great Minster House
76 Marsham Street
London, SW1P 4DR
Old 04-02-2008, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Default Uk Jk Lifted

Hi To All Uk Jk Owners, I Am Based In The Uk And I Have A 2.8d Unlimited Sahara Which I Have Just Done A Teraflex 3" Lift And Added 35" Tyres. On The Whole I Am Happy With The Results But I Have Had Several Problems, Most I Have Resolved. Anyone Wants Any Tips Let Me Know. I Did A Personal Import From Quadratec To Get My Kit As Most Companies In The Uk Are A Rip Off! This Worked Out Far Cheaper. Good Luck With Your Project Jeep Me.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ENGLISH NICK
Hi To All Uk Jk Owners, I Am Based In The Uk And I Have A 2.8d Unlimited Sahara Which I Have Just Done A Teraflex 3" Lift And Added 35" Tyres. On The Whole I Am Happy With The Results But I Have Had Several Problems, Most I Have Resolved. Anyone Wants Any Tips Let Me Know. I Did A Personal Import From Quadratec To Get My Kit As Most Companies In The Uk Are A Rip Off! This Worked Out Far Cheaper. Good Luck With Your Project Jeep Me.
Hey Nick. Thanks for chiming in. Can you let me know a bit more about the problems you had??

Also, what wheels and tyre type are you running?

PM me or post via the site

Thanks mate

Quick Reply: UK Project