Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

U-Joint Assembly

Old 02-18-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U-Joint Assembly

I am currently working on assembly the u-joints for my new Chromoly axle, and I am a little stumped on how to properly assembly the u-joints.

My axle is from Alloy USA, and I found this photo that shows what my u-joints look like:

Am I supposed to use both the little half-c clips and the full clips? Or is this an either or thing?

Some of the instructions I've found on the Internet have been for CTM u-joints, and it looks like they only include the full clips.

I am really hoping to get my Jeep back on the road after it being out of service for nearly 3 weeks, so I am just being overly analytical before I screw something up so close to getting my baby back.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Bump...

Nobody

Seems odd they'd give you both. I am currently thinking the half clips aren't what I need, and that I just need to run with only the full clips
Old 02-19-2011, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah just go with the fulls.

Quick Reply: U-Joint Assembly