Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Twin arb compressor durability??

Old 10-24-2014, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin arb compressor durability??

So I just picked up that had been on a military vehicle for 200$. There is no visible sign of dmg just dusty. How durable are these things? I don't have a harness to hook it up but he was a old friend of my wife's and assured me the last time it was hooked up it was running fine.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Had one in for a couple years now. It runs every time I start the Jeep because I run an air horn. It will air my motor coach tires up to 110PSI when needed. It airs up my Jeep tires almost as fast as a shop compressor. Seems pretty bullet proof so far.

I did have one problem. A heat sensor failed in one compressor. ARB sent a replacement sensor ahead to Moab for me. I picked it up and fixed it in a parking lot. Meanwhile I could still use the other half of the compressor.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a twin head ARB compressor in my previous JKU Sport, installed at the rear. It supplied pressure for air springs, inflating tires and air tools.
In the current JKUR, I have the same twin ARB but in its portable configuration, for inflating and air tools.
Both have been functioning as expected, no problems.

Last edited by GJeep; 10-28-2014 at 12:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Twin arb compressor durability??