Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Turning a RC 3.25 kit into a 4 inch kit by changing spacers?

Old 02-28-2011, 12:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turning a RC 3.25 kit into a 4 inch kit by changing spacers?

Tell me if this makes sense. I have a RC 3.25 lift which is their 2.5 spring plus .75 spacers. With my winch and very heavy bumper I stilll had rake, my front and was sagging at leat .75 inch and was rubbing off road so I added an additional .5 inch spacer to the front. I still have a tine tiny bit of rake. The lift I have in the rear only gave me about 2.25-2.5 inches of actual lift in rear. I am putting a new rear DS on because mine is puking grease and it states that it is desgined for lifts of 3 inches or higer. I also want to install coil correction wedges in rear to help once I rotate pinion angle with new ds.

So I am thining of taking away the front spacers (1.25 total) and replacing with 2 inch spacer from teraflex leveling kit in the front. In the rear I would remove .75 inch spacer and replace with one inch spacer in the rear from their levleing kit and coil correction kit from rockrawler. I should gain at least 1/2 inch in the rear, possible .75 inch from that combo and I will gain .75 inch in the front making my jeep either sit at same rake with sligtly hgher stance or completely even with slightly higher stance. I think it should essentially give me a 4 inch lift exaclty with 4 inches of lift in the front and 3 inchs of lift in the rear over stock. I am running the RC 2.2 shocks from the 3.25 kit still. Does this make sense? Right now I cannot afford better coils and shocks which was the original plan but with the fact I just spend 3000 bucks on regear and axle reinforcment and now my DS is puking grease and needs to be replaced
Old 02-28-2011, 12:27 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Shouldn't be a problem to add another 3/4", just adjust the ca's and trackbars if you need to. And depending on what all you have installed up front, you might also read through a few flip threads 'just in case'.

Another consideration is that the wedges should add bit of lift also. (1/4"? 1/2"? Don't recall what the height is, but figure it in). And some hose clamps to keep them in place would be a good idea.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:13 AM
JK Super Freak

I factored in the wedges giving at least 1/4 inch of lift in the rear. So I plan on adding 1/2 inch at least total to the rear with the slighlty larger spacer and the wedges.

I only got about 2.25 inches total lift in rear from RC 3.25 kit so I will be at 2.75-3 inches in rear lift over stock.

Front, I only got about 3-3.25 over stock with the 1/2 inch additonal spacer becasue of the winch and bumper so I should be between 3.75 and 4 inches total over stock.

I just wanted to make sure all my calculations makes sense and that his isnt a bad idea. This is just to get me till next year or so and I am putting on a 3 inch teraflex lift and then I will be done messing with my lift for llong time.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

I changed my plan slightly, one inch coil spacer in rear plus Rockrawler correction wedges and 1.75 inch coil spacer in the front.

I am hoping this will give me a total lift of 3.75 front and 2.75 rear.

Here was my math:

Front
2.5 coils minus .5 for winch and bumper sagging=2 2+1.75 spacer = 3.75

Rear

1.5 coil +1 inch spacer+.25 for correction wedges= 2.75

Last edited by Olean NY Jeeper; 03-01-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Turning a RC 3.25 kit into a 4 inch kit by changing spacers?