Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tuning with flash paqs?

Old 06-08-2011, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning with flash paqs?

This is just one of those dumb questions. When you guys are running flash pacs or similar tuning products and you say you are running 89 or the 91 setting . R u actually putting 89 or 91 octane in the tank? and does the increased mileage really offset the cost of the more expensive gas? I know be gentle with you replies. Thanks
Old 06-08-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello there.

The Superchips Flashpaq is a handheld tuner that allows you to tweak your engines performance, spark timing, transmission shift points, etc...

There are several tunes available on the Flashpaq. There is 87 Performance, 91 Performance, 93 Performance, Tow Tune, etc....

If you run a 91 Tune, then you should be running at least 91 octane gas in your tank. Example - I run 87 Octane and I run 87 or higher octane. If I ran 91 octane, I would run either 91 or 93 octane (not 89 or 87).

It depends on the tune you use. And as for costs, it definitely is worth it for me! I am running 87 with 89 octane. I get around 18-19mpg (moderate throttle) with my 3.21's and 33s. I drive about 30 to 40 minutes round trip 5 days a week for work, and I can't even remember the last time I filled up lol. Stock tune, I was getting 16.5-17 with a light foot. Heavy throttle with my flashpaq now and I will get about 16.5 to 17

Last edited by IcyFridge; 06-08-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Quick Reply: tuning with flash paqs?