Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tuners - What Say You

Old 10-01-2013, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran the 87 and tow tune on my Rubicon. On 87 tune, the throttle response was crisper but I really didn't notice an increase in power. Tow tune felt the same as 87 tune. JK owners that have automatics have had good responses with the tow tune mode. 91 works the best on my 6sp and it is very noticeable. There is also a 93 tune but I have not tried it due to that octane is hard to find in California.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im currently running the 91 tune on my 11. Love it. The new options were a selling point for me. Running LED headlights i needed to remove the daytimes, otherwise they strobe. Winch mode, tranny, tunes, locker options. Its worth the price tag in my opinion
Old 10-02-2013, 02:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have to run 91 octane with the 91 tune? I run 87octane and dont see paying more at the pump just to run a tune. From what im reading, sounds like the $300 on a flashpaq may be better spent elsewhere.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep757
Do you have to run 91 octane with the 91 tune? I run 87octane and dont see paying more at the pump just to run a tune. From what im reading, sounds like the $300 on a flashpaq may be better spent elsewhere.
Yes, or you will probably experience pinging due to the lean conditions of the tune. Everyone one has an opinion about the tuners, but for $300, they are worth it imo. You could also look at finding a used one, as long as it is returned to stock...

Quick Reply: Tuners - What Say You