Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tuners - What Say You

Old 09-22-2013, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuners - What Say You

Just put a set of rubicon tires on my 13 sport of a 12 and the TPMS isn't picking up tire pressures. Best route to fix this some kind of tuner? I only have 3k miles on the jeep and I know if I take it to a dealer to fix they will rape me on programming charges. Anyone using one a 13 that they like?
Old 09-23-2013, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ProCal is the cheapest fix. Or check the classifieds on here and grab a Superchips Flashpaq. Will fix your TPMS and give you a few more settings to play with. Just make sure either route you go if you buy used it is VIN unlocked.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

I picked up the superchip last year and haven't regretted it. When I first put on the 33s, I had the dealer reprogram the speedo etc, but when they reflashed the comp a year or so later (separate issue), it also reset the speedo to stock settings. I didn't realize it until later and they wanted to charge me again for it. Screw that.

The good thing w the superchip is you can disable the tpms entirely, plus a bunch of other settings you can experiment with (gear ratio, tire size, different tunings etc). It's easy to use & I've been happy with it.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Bullydog here. A little pricey but worth every penny.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

How do tbe flashpaq performance tune settings work with a manual trans?
Old 10-01-2013, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love it. I've put it through several tests and back to stock to see the difference in performance. The 91 tune works the best for me and i have run 89 octane with the 91 tune without detonation. I do get a little better fuel mileage running the 91 octane with the 91 tune. Knowing what I know now, i would purchase this before the CAI or the Gibson Headers and MBRP Exhaust I already run. I believe the Superchips Flashpaq increased the horsepower more than the other mods i've done.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Surf City Dan
Love it. I've put it through several tests and back to stock to see the difference in performance. The 91 tune works the best for me and i have run 89 octane with the 91 tune without detonation. I do get a little better fuel mileage running the 91 octane with the 91 tune. Knowing what I know now, i would purchase this before the CAI or the Gibson Headers and MBRP Exhaust I already run. I believe the Superchips Flashpaq increased the horsepower more than the other mods i've done.
What about for running 87 octane?
Old 10-01-2013, 01:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeep757
What about for running 87 octane?
There is only so much you can do with a canned tune from a tuner. 87 octane has its limitations before detonation. I would recommend, if your stuck on 87 octane, to get a professional dunk tune or street tune your jeep. Canned tunes are just coded tunes that are universal. Elevation and weather play a healthy role in how your vehicle reacts to a tune. I may could gain 15 hp from the 87 tune where as someone at 2000 ft above sea level may gain 5. Find a reputable tuner.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bombout800

There is only so much you can do with a canned tune from a tuner. 87 octane has its limitations before detonation. I would recommend, if your stuck on 87 octane, to get a professional dunk tune or street tune your jeep. Canned tunes are just coded tunes that are universal. Elevation and weather play a healthy role in how your vehicle reacts to a tune. I may could gain 15 hp from the 87 tune where as someone at 2000 ft above sea level may gain 5. Find a reputable tuner.
Thought Superchips Flashpaq was reputable? Not sure what you mean by Canned tunes either.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Reputable has nothing to do with it. A canned tune is a preloaded tune that will work with every year jk that tune is made for. But as you know two jeeps of the same build may run differently. That's why tuning should be done regardless. You really see your increases and most of the time across a very smooth rpm range

Quick Reply: Tuners - What Say You