Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which tuner for pentastar?

Old 07-19-2015, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which tuner for pentastar?

I'm not necessarily looking for a power increase. I know they don't give a whole lot. I want the most functional tuner. I'd like to see a slight improvement in fuel mileage. I'd like to get rid of this ridiculous throttle lag. I'd like to be able to actual have the trans shift when it needs to, and not fall on its face cause it's shifting too soon. Plan on sticking with 87 octane.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Diablosport Trinity
Old 07-20-2015, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ran a Bully Dog on my 2012 JKR, I wouldn't recommend it. MPG didn't change with any tune, and I didn't see any power difference with any tune either. I mostly got it to up the MPH for the swaybar to 30 MPH before it auto reconnected or whatever it was, that function never worked and with several updates and calls it could not be resolved.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

How does the superchips trail dash stack up? Are they comparable?
Old 07-20-2015, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't see any worthwhile power or MPG gain in any handheld tuner. They all do pretty much the same thing. Compare the specs on whatever one you want and make a decision based on that. Some have a few more options then others. When you think you have it figured out google it and read reviews of others that bought it.

Quick Reply: Which tuner for pentastar?