Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tuner...need custom tune.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuner...need custom tune.

Hello i am installing a turbo. And who can create custom tunes that work with a turbo. I also need a tuner, i am looking at the super chips as far as price.. but can that be used with a cuatom tune? I am in the making of a rear mounted turbo. I know,the issues the 3.8l have, even without mods. Thats why im staying at 4 pounds of boost. Nothing major. Its left over parts we have from a older 12vlave. Its a hx3, 57mill. I dont wanna be told that its a stupid idea it is my jeep. I am just curious to know who could create a custom tune that can work with a tuner.

Thanks you for info and help.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:00 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You probably want a DiabloSport tuner.

Open any of the Sprintex supercharger threads, you should find information on who they are using for custom tunes. There is a vendor posting in those threads that you may be able to contact for some advice as well.

Last edited by nthinuf; 06-08-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:56 PM
JK Freak

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try prodigy performance, they produce a turbo for the jeeps already they may be able to help you out. Basically any diablosport tuner would be able to do a custom tune for you. From personal experience get the tuner physically in your jeep on a dyno and road testing while he/she writes the tune. This way it will be faster and they can see all the details while they write the tune. Check out diablosports website for a dyno shop near you. Just saw you're in gp? Try lightspeed innovations in red deer, cam works wonders!!

Last edited by AdvJeep; 06-09-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Aha i aint going that far! Ill see how it runs once i install it. I may have to dumb it down. But i dont think their is any tuning places.. in gp and if their is it would be a diesel shop
Old 06-09-2014, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Id love to dyno it. But i am not looking for much performance gains. Just a good tune. To make the motor run better.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jp3792
Id love to dyno it. But i am not looking for much performance gains. Just a good tune. To make the motor run better.
The dyno will get it running smoother, otherwise you'll need a wideband o2 sensor installed to get the afr's dialed in. Timing and fuel is so much easier on a dyno and can get you running faster, I spent 1 day with cam and got it dialed in. This is after 6 months of email tunes back and forth where non of the email tunes worked properly. There are a couple dyno tuners in Edmonton too... Tuning these jeeps are very invasive and have some weird quirks. Just trying to save you some headaches in your endeavor...
Old 06-10-2014, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thats a stupid idea
Old 06-11-2014, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
The dyno will get it running smoother, otherwise you'll need a wideband o2 sensor installed to get the afr's dialed in. Timing and fuel is so much easier on a dyno and can get you running faster, I spent 1 day with cam and got it dialed in. This is after 6 months of email tunes back and forth where non of the email tunes worked properly. There are a couple dyno tuners in Edmonton too... Tuning these jeeps are very invasive and have some weird quirks. Just trying to save you some headaches in your endeavor...
Ahhh thanks
Old 06-11-2014, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jp3792
Ahhh thanks
No worries just helping you out

Quick Reply: tuner...need custom tune.