Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tuner Choice Help

Old 09-21-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuner Choice Help

Hey was just wondering which superchip might be the better choice.

I'm stuck between the "Superchips Trail Dash" or the VIVID.

I have never used a programer before and was wondering with either of those, after programing could you unplug the entire module and still keep the tune?

Lastly would these really make a bid difference?

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the vivid installed on a tablet. Lots of cool functions and the tablet still can be used for internet, music, videos, games.... maps gps you name it. I do like the function of the trail dash.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:37 PM
JK Freak

Yes, you can install a tune and unplug. I haven't noticed any performance gains on 87 tune. As far as PIDs go, the transmission oil temperature PID doesn't work. MPG display is way too inaccurate and thus, useless. Plus there are many other PIDs that don't work. The app itself is buggy. I can never get it to connect the 1st time it's plugged in. Sometimes it crashes. Half of gauges have some scribbled lines running over them, making them unreadable (if even they work in 1st place). I think if you sell a product for $350, make sure it at least works. Don't advertise the sh*t works, when it doesn't. I'm talking about the Vivid LINQ here, as that's what I own, but likely will get rid of, if tow tune or 91 tune doesn't do jack sh*t too. The Aeroforce Interceptor seems like a million times better product than the Linq.

Last edited by TheTerminator; 09-21-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info, I'll bear that in mind when making my decision.

Anything better than the trail dash then,

because what im hearing VIVID is out.

Quick Reply: Tuner Choice Help