Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tummy tuck

Old 10-29-2014, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tummy tuck

Curious to know who's done a tummy tuck on their jk
Old 10-29-2014, 12:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not many people at all... Hell some people drop there frame belly height lower to get more frame separation...
Old 10-29-2014, 01:16 PM
JK Junkie

The only way to do it is by going to a 2 speed Atlas and clocking it up. Stock t case hangs way low. Then you need to modify the trans crossmember and mount.

As Maertz pointed out, you have other factors at play which question the value in the effort. No sense in doing it if you aren't going to tuck all the frame and axle brackets up. The next problem you have is that you'll have a really hard time getting decent separation (assumes you go to some sort of triangulated setup).

I'm still debating if I will do it on my build. Adds a ton of extra work.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:42 PM
JK Jedi

On mine i was able to tuck the stock tcase high enough to put a flat bar across but youd have to get creative in the bracing on your skid.. As mine is now my crossmember is a 4x2 rectangle tube bolted to the bottom of the frame....

Look up iwaxmyjimmy he has done this i believe? I don't know if he's on this forum or not..

As said above definitely some things to consider...

Last edited by Maertz; 10-29-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Gen right makes a tuck system but it's way more than any normal person would ever spend. You have to have their 4 link, gas tank, and flat skid.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dahmer
Gen right makes a tuck system but it's way more than any normal person would ever spend. You have to have their 4 link, gas tank, and flat skid.
And an Atlas. I called and asked how they clear the t case. Correct that you have to buy their $12k system. They don't even make it for a 2 door and I asked if they would sell the trans crossmember, they said no. Haha
Old 10-29-2014, 05:00 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
On mine i was able to tuck the stock tcase high enough to put a flat bar across but youd have to get creative in the bracing on your skid.. As mine is now my crossmember is a 4x2 rectangle tube bolted to the bottom of the frame.... Look up iwaxmyjimmy he has done this i believe? I don't know if he's on this forum or not.. As said above definitely some things to consider...
So did you shove your trans up then? I know the motor mounts will flex, but I assumed there would be an issue moving the trans up (would at least cause a problem with my shifter)?
Old 10-29-2014, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

Wouldn't you also need to relocate the gas tank? At least on the JKU
Old 10-29-2014, 06:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by holy_crap
Wouldn't you also need to relocate the gas tank? At least on the JKU
That's a given. It's a rock anchor.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:26 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
So did you shove your trans up then? I know the motor mounts will flex, but I assumed there would be an issue moving the trans up (would at least cause a problem with my shifter)?
Yes i did its a damn tight fit but possible... Are you manual? Im auto with no problems yet, but i havent gone over 30 yet....

Last edited by Maertz; 10-29-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Tummy tuck