Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tuffy security drawer?

Old 12-19-2011, 06:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuffy security drawer?

Does anyone have this? Preferably on a two door? I found it the other day and am seriously considering getting one, but ive never heard of it before and that makes me nervous...

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-186-1...go-drawer.aspx
Old 12-19-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You would have to remove the rear seat to use that model in a 2-door. I have the new 2-door security enclosure, you can still use the rear seat with it: Link to writeup

Tuffy products are pretty high quality, I had their console and their 4-door enclosure in my 2008.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

They make good stuff. I've got their concealed carry box under my front seat (I'm in a 4-dr) and just installed their Security Deck enclosure in the back to carry camera equipment when I'm working.

The good thing about the security deck is I can remove the main part of it by undoing 4 knob screws. Don't know if the one you're looking at for the 2-door will do the same thing or not.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the conceal draw and it was great, I had to sell my jeep earlier in the month... 12/9/11 sad day.... so it sitting in the closet... My gun and the Mrs. Ring ( she doesn't know about it ) are still in it. Spend the extra money and get the optional combo lock. Not needing a key is great, I also locked my JK keys and wallet in when I was out at the beach or hiking... Beats carring them!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the conceal carry drawer and like it. Im not concerned with the back seat, it was the first thing i removed when i drove the jeep home. The slide out drawer is key for me, as i would use every cubic inch of storage +
Old 12-20-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

i had the security drawer in my 2006 LJ, it was great - quality product. lined it with some carpet edged with interior door trim channels. it is pretty bulky to take in and out if you want it out when you're not wheeling or have the hard top on.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a heavy, very secure way to carry your gear. The main reason I traded it for a tattoo and replaced it with the Security Enclosure was gravity. If you're needing recovery gear while on an incline, it'll either knock you flat on your butt if you're going up hill or try to cut your hand off when heading down. You really can't go wrong with Tuffy though. They make a bunch of the weapon security storage for the Fed's vehicles.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

nice, going to look into that.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the 173 security deck, not the drawer. I love it. It goes in all summer when I put on the soft top and half doors.

easy to install, easy to remove completely or partially. Can even store my half door uppers inside so they don't walk away.

only (minor) complaint is the deck is high enough that I can't use my soft top boot to neaten up the look when the top is down.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Great input, hadn't considered the weight of the drawer on an incline. However, having organized, divided space is a bonus.
It sounds like a well made product, regardless.

Quick Reply: Tuffy security drawer?