Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tuffy security deck question

Old 05-18-2011, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Yes you can access latch anchors.

And yes, there is an updated model specifically for the 2011.

I have one in my 2011 with carseats and it works, fits, and looks great!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Questions for the people running the security deck with a soft top...

With the top down does the top sit up higher than without the security deck and if so is there more flutter at speed. I have yet to put my soft top on so I don't know how it sits when down in the back.

Thanks,
p
Old 05-19-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

My concern with this is how will it work with a soft top storage boot. I am just concerned with it sitting the way that it does that I will run into rubbing issues and have holes in my soft top.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered mine from Dave at Northridge 4x4 for $399 including shipping. It arrived 3 business days later. It took me about 1.5 hours to install in my 2011 unlimited hardtop with no cutting, no surprises and no snafus.

Tools needed for the 2011 install.
T40 torx bit
1/2" socket
1/2" wrench

I'll take a pic later if anyone really cares, it looks just like everyone else's.
I won't be spending the big bucks on the Tuffy Liner, I'll be looking at the hardware store or wally world for something that is cheaper. Since I never take the top off, I'll probably pull the rear panel out and give myself another 2" of space under the shelf behind the seat.

I'll be working out of the jeep this week and report back on it's usefulness.

So far so good, BIG THANKS to Dave at Northridge for shipping to me while I am on the road in a quick manner.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, got one on the way!

Original question still not answered.. So I will let you all know how my sub sounds in it (a REAL sub, none of this factory business )

If there is any rattles, im gonna dynomat the whole thing and its gonna sound amazing. And can't get stolen!!! Can't beat that.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We have a bunch of these in stock and ready to ship if anybody is looking for them!

David
Old 05-24-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Jedi

My soft top don't rub on mine when folded and stowed properly
Old 05-24-2011, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thetanningman
Questions for the people running the security deck with a soft top...

With the top down does the top sit up higher than without the security deck and if so is there more flutter at speed. I have yet to put my soft top on so I don't know how it sits when down in the back.

Thanks,
p
It does sit higher than without the deck but I haven't had an issues with it fluttering at speed. I just make sure the top folds down nicely and tuck everything in. It's a really great piece of kit, well worth the money.

I got mine from Dave at Northridge, great deal and very quick shipping, like always.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dstock
It does sit higher than without the deck but I haven't had an issues with it fluttering at speed. I just make sure the top folds down nicely and tuck everything in. It's a really great piece of kit, well worth the money.

I got mine from Dave at Northridge, great deal and very quick shipping, like always.
Would you mind snapping a pic of this?
Old 05-24-2011, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Does anyone use this with the ARB Fridge? I am curious if or how the fridge fits.

Quick Reply: tuffy security deck question