Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tuffy security deck enclosure top options?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red Wings
I don't like the way it sits so I am going to try to figure out a way to use my soft top boot to wrap it up while the top is down.
I'd appreciate it if you can post some pics at some point. Also, I presume your boot couldn't be secured to the tub because of the added height of the deck?
Old 03-21-2012, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
I got a diamond-plate rubber mat from McMaster-Carr and spring-loaded tie-downs. Perfect!

Attachment 293044
Nice... this is pretty much what I've been wanting to do too.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
I'd appreciate it if you can post some pics at some point. Also, I presume your boot couldn't be secured to the tub because of the added height of the deck?
If I figure something out I will definitely post pictures.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
I got a diamond-plate rubber mat from McMaster-Carr and spring-loaded tie-downs. Perfect!

Attachment 293044
Tuffy also sells their own diamond plate vinyl matting

w ww.tuffyproducts.com/p-218-commercial-grade-diamond-plate-vinyl.aspx

Originally Posted by TAIL RATED
how much room from the tub to the bottom of the Tuffy deck. wondering if an ARB fridge will fit under it.
I have the small ARB 37 quart model and it won't fit underneath, fits nicely on top though. I have mine secured in the middle where the spare is so it doesn't affect my view too much.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

I added D-Rings to strap down bins. They are a must especially when wheeling. Stuff gets thrown around.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was able to pull the top down today and take some pics of how the soft top sits on the deck. They are pretty self explanatory...the first and second pic is how its gonna look just sitting on top of the deck.
The third pic i took my boot and put it on just to see how i liked it. I look the flaps that you are to attach to the jeep and just tucked them into the boot. It by no means looks as good as being attached to the jeep but at least the majority of the top is tucked away into the boot. IMO Someone needs to come out with a soft top boot that doesn't attach to the jeep!!
The final pic is just the finished picture with the clover patch attached.

I'm thinking I'll probably gonna go with a vinyl mat on top of the deck. Still undecided on the type of anchors or where I'm gonna place them though. So if anyone else has any pics of their anchors post em up for me

Old 03-21-2012, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANK YOU for taking the time to take and post those pictures. You have done others here a great service.

It looks like the Tuffy causes the top to sit a good bit higher than it does stock. I'm not sure if that's a deal killer for me, but it's not ideal.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had my deck for a year and a half (soft top only). Never had any issues with it. I installed it very early on so I can't say that I've noticed the top sits higher. I just make sure I have clean folds on the top and it seems to lie down nicely.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HornetJK
I added D-Rings to strap down bins. They are a must especially when wheeling. Stuff gets thrown around.
I like this idea, I think this is what I'm going to do with mine.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

I had a Tuffy Security Deck on a 2010 JKU. Covered the deck and side bins with indoor/outdoor carpet from Home Depot for minimal $. Carpet matched the interior and was held down with 2-sided carpet tape.

I also had a Smittybiilt soft top boot modified to fit with the Security Deck.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	367467   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-192523847.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	367468  

Quick Reply: Tuffy security deck enclosure top options?