Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tuffy Security Console--Awesome, Check it out

Old 04-08-2008, 09:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I would buy some heavy duty self tapping screws and just drive them in from the inside. You are supposed to install the console, mark the location, take the console back out, drill, and then bolt it down.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't seem like there is anything on the market that works with the budget console that some of us got with the stock X package (no storage compartment, just cup holders.) I'm assuming this product is made solely for the center console with a storage compartment, does anyone know for sure?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by monte
It doesn't seem like there is anything on the market that works with the budget console that some of us got with the stock X package (no storage compartment, just cup holders.) I'm assuming this product is made solely for the center console with a storage compartment, does anyone know for sure?
The one I have wouldn't...It uses the existing sides and back of the stock console.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

Looks nice and secure. Do you bolt through the floor pan? How many bolts?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:49 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by cqk56
Looks nice and secure. Do you bolt through the floor pan? How many bolts?
Two bolts all the way through two layers! I suggest self tapping screws through one layer only, if I had to do it again.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

How is the clearance for your arm and elbow with a manual transmission? I find that when I shift, my elbow and forearm sort of slide across the top of the lid now, so if there is a height increase, I'm worried that I would hit the pad with each shift to 2nd, 4th and 6th gear, or have to change my arm position, which would be unnatural. Anyone have the manual with this Tuffy product? I really like this, but the height could be a deal breaker for me.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by monte

Hmm...I thought we all had the console. I assumed it was standard.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing that makes me not want to buy these tuffy things is I feel like if somebody does get into my jeep, and sees these consoles, they'll probably do a good amount of damage trying to get them out.

I also feel like it almost invites people into your jeep when they see steel security boxes!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Jedi

It really doesnt look too much like a steel security box. There are many times when I run into the store, the gym, a restaurant, etc. and I dont want to take everything of value with me. It would take a lot of time consuming work to get into this thing. Enough I hope to deter the thief and send him to an easier target.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:10 PM
-

I had a Tuffy security console in my TJ and that thing was bulletproof. Trust me, these things are worth every penny! They leave you with a great peace of mind when you have your Jeep configured open.

Quick Reply: Tuffy Security Console--Awesome, Check it out