Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tuffy Security Console--Awesome, Check it out

Old 04-02-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuffy Security Console--Awesome, Check it out

I called David@Northridge 4x4 and ordered the new Tuffy security console. http://www.northridge4x4.com/search.php David got it out to me like 2 days later. This thing matches great. I always held off getting one because I have only seen it pictured in black, although I new it was offered in the interior colors. As they say, a picture's worth a 1000 words!

It is nice to have a secure place to keep all your valuables (Ipods, GPS, wallet, hand gun???, etc. and not worry about them. It holds about the same as the stock console but it is a little taller. The arm rest is at a nice height finally and is easy on the elbows!

This thing is next to bullet proof and if someone wants it that bad, they can have it. But I would think it would take them a long time to get in it, if in fact they could. It even has on option to bolt it to your floor if you want. It's like having a car safe!

I suggest giving David a call and getting one of these. I don't know how many he's got but I would think they would be a hot item once people see these pictures. I am sure other vendors have 'em too, I just like dealing with David.

Last edited by Rubimon; 04-02-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks good!

I've been thinking about this, but I'm still undecided.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll back him up on this one! I got it a few weeks ago and it is awesome! It makes the storage space LARGER, and you get a padded top that is much nicer than the hard plastic one on the JK! And this thing bolts to the floor where you cannot rip it out! The lock is super secure and I have no fear anymore in leaving something in this thing with the top and doors off!

In my opinion its a definate MUST BUY!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it's basically like an "insert" on the factory piece and not a whole new console?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by tackindy
I'll back him up on this one! I got it a few weeks ago and it is awesome! It makes the storage space LARGER, and you get a padded top that is much nicer than the hard plastic one on the JK! And this thing bolts to the floor where you cannot rip it out! The lock is super secure and I have no fear anymore in leaving something in this thing with the top and doors off!

In my opinion its a definate MUST BUY!
I agree, I have been laying awake at night trying to figure out where to mount a little secure box, like under the drivers seat, etc. Now I can get some sleep!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:18 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by njjeepthing
So it's basically like an "insert" on the factory piece and not a whole new console?
It uses the existing sides and back side that has the drink trays, but the whole center console box lifts out and this goes in its place.

Edit: This is what you remove.

Last edited by Rubimon; 04-02-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good, so I'm guessing the install is pretty easy?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by DallasJeeper
Looks good, so I'm guessing the install is pretty easy?
Other than fiddling with all the screws between the seats its not bad. It helps to have an allen tip and a torx tip for your drill or screwdriver. It would be a pain with a little l shaped allen wrench.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the little l-shaped allen wrench and it still was too bad. As you can see from his picks it is an insert, but its a full steel box insert so there is NO WAY IN. And it bolts into the steel of the body with an option to put two more through the floor on the inside! Its VERY secure.

I know it will hold a S&W 40 cal model 4030 with plenty of room to spare! Thats a large frame meaning its spacious!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

'Bout how much does it cost?

Quick Reply: Tuffy Security Console--Awesome, Check it out