Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tuffy didnt send all the parts

Old 04-19-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuffy didnt send all the parts

So i get my security truck for the JKU and i start the install... I am being ate alive by mosquitos and no see um's. Then I get to the part that calls for a bolt they didnt put in the bag... Not just one, but 10 of them. I can say one thing... They were consistent by leaving all of them out.. Pretty aggravated.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn dude, sorry about that. They have been pretty good on customer service with me. Email them, explain the situation, and I think they will take care of you quickly. Once you get the trunk installed, it's going to be worth it. Hang tough!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

yea, I will.. sucks that it was on back order all that time then get another round of disappointment.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Mia

Not to be a pain, but sometimes those bags of hardware wind up loose in the big box the item comes in- I've been "missing" hardware, only to find it wedged in the shipping box. Worth a look? Hope they turn up...
Old 04-20-2011, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Na... they dropped the ball. I went to ace and spent the 10 bucks on new ones... finished it today with a buddy...
Old 04-20-2011, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaxx1671
Na... they dropped the ball. I went to ace and spent the 10 bucks on new ones... finished it today with a buddy...
Lets see some pics!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

LOL... UHHH dont know how to.. and I read the thread. I suck at following directions, if I could post pics you would see..the box is backward, you have to let the seats down to get into it.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jaxx1671
So i get my security truck for the JKU and i start the install... I am being ate alive by mosquitos and no see um's. Then I get to the part that calls for a bolt they didnt put in the bag... Not just one, but 10 of them. I can say one thing... They were consistent by leaving all of them out.. Pretty aggravated.

I have the tuffy glove box. They didn't send all the hardware that I needed as well. It also has a nasty rattle at idle speeds, pretty much anytime the jeep is moving. The lock was also loose causing even more rattling, the only way to tighten this down was to completely remove the frame surrounding the lock. A complete pain in the a$$ for a simple glovebox install.

I will not be purchasing anything more from tuffy. 160 bucks for a glovebox btw, not cheap.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
All that missing hardware, someone working there is building something one nut and bolt at a time. Made in China ?
Old 04-21-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Four Low
All that missing hardware, someone working there is building something one nut and bolt at a time. Made in China ?

" Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,illogical,liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a Turd by the clean end"

Well Done!!

Quick Reply: Tuffy didnt send all the parts