Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tuffy center console...

Old 05-06-2007, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been wanting one of these for a while now. Just how hard is it to install?? Do the seats have to be removed to get at the console? I need this for my pistol when I am out and about and need to secure it.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by gtoneill
I have been wanting one of these for a while now. Just how hard is it to install?? Do the seats have to be removed to get at the console? I need this for my pistol when I am out and about and need to secure it.
Found this link to install instructions and pic's.. (not recommending to purchase there.. recommend sponsors..!)

4wheelerssupply.com/jkbuildup/2007/02/28/tuffy-jk-center-console-insert/
Still looking for the BEST deal.. Don't know if we will ever be able to do as well as ArmyCop did..!!

Last edited by wayoflifette; 05-06-2007 at 01:39 PM. Reason: non sponcor Link
Old 05-06-2007, 09:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by captsam54
Found this link to install instructions and pic's.. (not recommending to purchase there.. recommend sponsors..!)

Still looking for the BEST deal.. Don't know if we will ever be able to do as well as ArmyCop did..!!
That's where I bought it from! They had a booth at the jambo! Their shop is only about an hour drive west from me!

Last edited by wayoflife; 05-06-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: non sponcor link
Old 05-06-2007, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

I think that they should make it in the same cloth used on the seats so it matches the rest of the interior
Old 05-06-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by captsam54

Well there was instructions and pictures.. When "PapaBear Killed the link, it only directs you to 4wheelersupply's store now.. Instead of just the install instructions on the Tuffy.. no store. Can't even find them on that site now..

Last edited by wayoflife; 05-06-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I kind of like the factory one. It matches with the interior and I don't have any scratch issue (and my dog once in a while step on it). I like the texture too.

I'm sure that Tuffy one is much more secure though... And the good part is that you can rest the arm...isn't it?

I wish they make it more like the factory one... just a bit taller so that I can rest my arm on it.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Aren't the Tuffy's a little taller than the Factory's??
Old 05-07-2007, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by armycop
It is so much cushier than the hard cheap scratched one I replaced!!

BTW, the security drawer is nice too but if you have a 2-door you are screwed. The size is for the 4-door. It fits, but you can't put the rear seat in the 2-dr with the drawer. It does have space for the subwoofer though. They don't have a 2-dr version in production yet!
he didnt happen to mention when a 2 door model will becoming out did he? I have no center console in mine as of now. only options on my X are AC so Im wondering if a tuffy box will even work on mine at all.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm also wondering how much taller the Tuffy console is compared to the stock lid. Can we get a measurement please?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 3GROC
he didnt happen to mention when a 2 door model will becoming out did he? I have no center console in mine as of now. only options on my X are AC so Im wondering if a tuffy box will even work on mine at all.

AFAIK it is a 2dr./4dr. model. It is not a replacement console, it is an insert for the factory console.

I to am interested to know if it is taller than the factory rest (the thing is to short for me too)

Quick Reply: Tuffy center console...