Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tuffy or besttop truck enclosure??

Old 02-11-2012, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GunDude
Try this link.

[urlhxxp://www.brycefastener.com/?gclid=CP2_y_islq4CFUETNAodRRwMLw[/url]
Beauty! Thanks for the link!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

So with the top down and the Tuffy truck enclosure in the back, if someone reached in and unlocked my doors, they would be able to open my tailgate and access anything that is stored, right?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NJBlackBetty
So with the top down and the Tuffy truck enclosure in the back, if someone reached in and unlocked my doors, they would be able to open my tailgate and access anything that is stored, right?
I don't beleive that is correct. I don't have my Jeep yet, however a Tuffy trunk will be one of the very first purchases. I read this in the owners manual and tried it at the dealer. If you lock the doors with the key fob, after 10-15 seconds it disables the interior door lock switches. It worked at the dealer when i did it. I rolled down the windows, closed all the doors and locked them with the key fob. Counted to 15 and tried the switches. They didn't work.

I did not try to manually unlock the doors and than see what happens. I hope the switches still remain disabled and if the door is opened the alarm sounds. Maybe someone who isn't impatienly waiting for their ordered Jeep can test this.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

Default Just wait for the right time

I waited till bamtam last year and picked up a jeep trunk enclosure for 20 bucks!!! It was the last day and they were just giving things away. My friend also got a warn bumper for 80 bucks.... I recommend waiting it out and heading to a local jeep festival and drink some beer and save a TON.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks TimH. I tried that and you were right, everything stayed locked. And I dont know where someone saw a trunk for 20 bucks but it would cost more for material to build one! I'd love to build one but I'm not that handy and would rather spend the $ and save the time wasted w trial and error.

Last edited by NJBlackBetty; 02-28-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Tuffy or besttop truck enclosure??