Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Tubular Doors? Mirror/Rattle/Looks?

Old 04-22-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Tubular Doors? Mirror/Rattle/Looks?

I'm trying to decide on which tubular doors to purchase for a 2008 JK. My family would prefer SOME semblance of a door in summer so this is a happy medium. Looking at all of the manufacturers(Rancho/Highrock/Warrior/Bestop/OR-Fab/others?) have left me thinking looks play a big role in the choice (I am leaning toward Rancho in that respect).

Are there any issues in regards to rattling or other issues with these doors? I see some can attach the OEM mirrors, some don't. Anyone with any experience with these doors please let me know your opinions. Or if anyone wants to just shoot out a random opinion without any prior ownership, that's fine too, LOL. i couldn't be any more confused than I am now.

Thanx in advance.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Xyphis
... i couldn't be any more confused than I am now ...
Been there, done that. LOL. I ultimately decided on the OR Fab. I went through so much that I can't even begin to justify why I made that decision. Some of it was based on other's comments about rust/corrosion. There are a variety of adjustments to the OR-Fab that make them fit very nicely without rattles. Of course, running around with jerry cans I have tons of rattles, so it's not much of an issue with me, but they were quiet before I got the new rear bumper. Here are a couple pic's ...

Old 04-22-2010, 02:49 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i have a set of rancho tube doors and this is what they look like....

Old 04-22-2010, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Xyphis
I'm trying to decide on which tubular doors to purchase for a 2008 JK. My family would prefer SOME semblance of a door in summer so this is a happy medium. Looking at all of the manufacturers(Rancho/Highrock/Warrior/Bestop/OR-Fab/others?) have left me thinking looks play a big role in the choice (I am leaning toward Rancho in that respect).

Are there any issues in regards to rattling or other issues with these doors? I see some can attach the OEM mirrors, some don't. Anyone with any experience with these doors please let me know your opinions. Or if anyone wants to just shoot out a random opinion without any prior ownership, that's fine too, LOL. i couldn't be any more confused than I am now.

Thanx in advance.
Kinda funny, i was about to ask the same question. Nice looking doors WOL
Old 04-22-2010, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

im also in the same boat......has anyone fabbed up their own besides the wood ones?
My uncle is a fabricator and said he could give me a hand im making some im just worried about the latch mechanism.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Default Warrior doors.

I bought my JK back in early 07 and there weren't any tube doors available at that time.
Warrior came out first, I think and so I bought em.
They don't have any place to mount any mirrors, so that sucks. I like the Rancho's placement.
They do rattle. That sucks too. Not too much.
No rust.
I just like the look better than no doors at all. And they were available at the time!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. I like the Rancho, then the Bestop, and ORFab in that order, but can't decide.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Rancho doors. No rattles and absolutely no regrets.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We went with Body Armor Trail Doors....

Old 04-23-2010, 06:07 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i guess i forgot to mention that no, i have no rattling with my doors and i love the fact that they reuse the factory mirrors in pretty much the same location too.

Quick Reply: Which Tubular Doors? Mirror/Rattle/Looks?