Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tube steps

Old 09-27-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the LOD rock sliders,great protection from rocks, great step, frame mounted so no drilling holes in the body. might lose a little ground clearance. but also keeps alot of dirt coming off the road to hit the doors....many good options out there, just depends on needs and likes...at the end i mtself choise the LED
Old 09-27-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gabryael
hehe, I swapped my stock roack rails for the RRC side armor, which looks nice, has a good price point and should provide reasonable protection.

If your lifting it, there's the Highrock Slider step, but it's not designed to double as a rock rail

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12542_202_07.htm

As for keeping the stock rock rails on to cover the pinch seam, I had the same exact thought. I thought it was a much cleaner look with them on,

but the result was some terrible rubbing and grinding and the body flexed and the two rubbed together. I ended up pulling everything and putting the RRC's back on alone. It really doesn't look that bad at all.
would love a set of these.. but $370.00ish is too far out of my budget

Quick Reply: tube steps