Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tube steps

Old 07-17-2008, 10:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by motorhead0320
i think i will just get whatever i want and get her a stool.
Brave guy !! I needed steps for the kids but wanted sliders so IMO found best of both worlds : Rugged Ridge RRC Side Armor Guards, Quadratec # 12052.610 Very happy with them Strong, decent step and they fit over the stock Rubicon rails.

N2Rock's custom Rubi Rails are also an awesome choice.

Pics of mine and others RRC guards are on pages 2 & 3 of this thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=31705&page=3
Old 07-17-2008, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehe, I swapped my stock roack rails for the RRC side armor, which looks nice, has a good price point and should provide reasonable protection.

If your lifting it, there's the Highrock Slider step, but it's not designed to double as a rock rail

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12542_202_07.htm

As for keeping the stock rock rails on to cover the pinch seam, I had the same exact thought. I thought it was a much cleaner look with them on,

but the result was some terrible rubbing and grinding and the body flexed and the two rubbed together. I ended up pulling everything and putting the RRC's back on alone. It really doesn't look that bad at all.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

How much lower for initial step height are the RRC compared to stock tubes?
Old 07-17-2008, 10:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rjmcam
How much lower for initial step height are the RRC compared to stock tubes?
Guessing similar, I sold my stock steps before getting & fitting the RRC guards. Getting in JK without steps is easy but once lifted, its a high-jump for the kids
Old 07-17-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

those will cause me to loose alot of ground clearance which is something i just cant afford having a 4 door.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default Trying to find tube steps that fit 2009 JK

I bought these 3 inch tube steps for my 2009 JK(X) 2-door...

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=13398

Unfortunately, the steps did not fit. The distance between the two sets of bolt holes in the tubes was too great by about an inch. The holes would not line up with the brackets. I suspicion that Jeep changed the spacing of the holes in the body, and Smittybilt hasn't picked up on it. I talked to the Smittybilt tech and he "just couldn't understand how this could happen." Big help that was! Neither 4WD nor Sbilt even bothered to apologize for the hassle. Now that's customer service!

Previous to that experience I had ordered Rugged Ridge oval tube steps through Quadratec. The blockheads sent me the 4-door version of the steps 3 TIMES! I finally gave up on Qtec -- 3 strikes and they were out of my life. At least UPS made out on that deal.

Anybody had success in finding tube steps for a 2009 JK?

P.S. This JK doesn't do rock crawling, just dirt roads.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gabryael
hehe, I swapped my stock roack rails for the RRC side armor, which looks nice, has a good price point and should provide reasonable protection.

If your lifting it, there's the Highrock Slider step, but it's not designed to double as a rock rail

As for keeping the stock rock rails on to cover the pinch seam, I had the same exact thought. I thought it was a much cleaner look with them on,

but the result was some terrible rubbing and grinding and the body flexed and the two rubbed together. I ended up pulling everything and putting the RRC's back on alone. It really doesn't look that bad at all.
looovee the look. I might have to put some of those on mine..
Old 09-23-2009, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Default Rockslider/steps

Send a P.m. To Bonedigger. He has what you need.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mojave Red
I bought these 3 inch tube steps for my 2009 JK(X) 2-door...

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=13398

Unfortunately, the steps did not fit. The distance between the two sets of bolt holes in the tubes was too great by about an inch. The holes would not line up with the brackets. I suspicion that Jeep changed the spacing of the holes in the body, and Smittybilt hasn't picked up on it. I talked to the Smittybilt tech and he "just couldn't understand how this could happen." Big help that was! Neither 4WD nor Sbilt even bothered to apologize for the hassle. Now that's customer service!

Previous to that experience I had ordered Rugged Ridge oval tube steps through Quadratec. The blockheads sent me the 4-door version of the steps 3 TIMES! I finally gave up on Qtec -- 3 strikes and they were out of my life. At least UPS made out on that deal.

Anybody had success in finding tube steps for a 2009 JK?

P.S. This JK doesn't do rock crawling, just dirt roads.
Did you mess with the brakets at all? For instance i put the rugged ridge on and noticed the same. Instructions suck but after swaping brackets with the other side the fit.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gabryael

love you one piece grill guard. where you get and how much and how much of a pain was it to install. you jeep looks awesome!

Quick Reply: tube steps